• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

My parents "raised me" in a methodist church (when we did go). Usually it was mom dropping us kids off. When my dad went he was either disinterested or fell asleep. Funny thing even now, my parents still go to a Methodist church, and this one has a woman pastor. And they criticized me for being baptized in my IFB church back in MO, asking me if my baptism as an infant wasn't good enough (which of course was sprinkling in the methodist church). Neither parent liked my answer, and have since concluded I'm involved in a cult.

• Members

A year or so ago I got to listen to a Methodist preacher try to preach my uncle into heaven. Several times during the funeral service the Methodist preacher said my uncle had a "hidden faith of the heart". One thing is certain, he kept it hidden enough that no one in the church had any idea what the preacher was talking about!

• Members

No matter what is said at a funeral, the destiny of the dead has already been determined and they are facing it. If only more would awake to this fact, learn the truth about such and make sure their destiny is with Christ and not the devil.

I have so many unsaved family members who either don't take this seriously or they trust they are good enough to get to heaven or they trust that they were baptized as their key to heaven. They won't listen to the truth of Scripture at all.

• Members

No matter what is said at a funeral, the destiny of the dead has already been determined and they are facing it. If only more would awake to this fact, learn the truth about such and make sure their destiny is with Christ and not the devil.

I have so many unsaved family members who either don't take this seriously or they trust they are good enough to get to heaven or they trust that they were baptized as their key to heaven. They won't listen to the truth of Scripture at all.

Sounds just like my siblings and parents.

• Members
If those "faith healing" preachers could actually do as they claim, healing by their touch and such, they would be going forth into hospitals, nursing homes and visiting people like you (Joel) bringing healing to those in such need. They would not be holding rallies where they can rake in money, they wouldn't be holding their events only in front of TV cameras on a TV schedule, they wouldn't be telling folks to prove they have enough faith to be healed by sending them every last dollar they have.

It grieves me to think of those with serious health issues and then to think of these hucksters who prey upon the desperation of those suffering.

One thing for certain, our God can do anything and He will either provide the relief and healing or He will help carry us through however long such has to last.

Amen.

Sounds good, Joel. :-) And I was too! Wouldn't have had it any other way. :-) Hey, so do you know what causes your health problems?

No. :( We don't know really anything about what's wrong. Doctors are also clueless.

• Members

Wow! The heat and humidity, which lowered for a brief time, has really come back strong again!

I've noticed on the weather channel that a hurricane could hit Florida and provide some action for the Republican National Convention in Tampa next week.

• Members

Wow! The heat and humidity, which lowered for a brief time, has really come back strong again!

I've noticed on the weather channel that a hurricane could hit Florida and provide some action for the Republican National Convention in Tampa next week.

I live on the Gulf Coast, too, so it could also hit us. I pray it doesn't, though. With my health the way it is, I wouldn't hold up well under a bad hurricane...

• Members

I live on the Gulf Coast, too, so it could also hit us. I pray it doesn't, though. With my health the way it is, I wouldn't hold up well under a bad hurricane...

Perhaps you could do like Pat Robertson and pray the hurricane away from you, or as Kenneth Copeland says he did when he prayed a tornado in a different direction. (Then go find Benny Hinn for healing)

Seriously, I do believe God answers our prayers with regards to weather. God is more than capable of being our mighty shield and protector so that no harmful or damaging storms come upon us, or even near us. I will pray for you in this regard.

As well, God can provide what is needed for your health issues as well and I will continue to pray for this also.

I've dealt with health issues that really sapped by strength and energy, and even my ability to really read the Word or give much to prayer. Thankfully in my case the issues never lasted more than a matter of weeks. Myself, I don't even like being really bad off for a few days as it seems to drain me spiritually as well as physically and emotionally. I do hope and pray the Lord will deliver you from this health problem very soon.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Had a somewhat smaller showing at first morning service this morning (several decided with the time change they would attend 2nd service instead), but what a lively, spirit-filled group we were! I've never heard our congregation sing "Amazing Grace", "Rock of Ages" and "Make Me A Blessing" any better and with any more heart than today.

What a joyful time and an excellent sermon too!

• Members

I've not been on OB much this week, as it turned out my wife and I ended up with time off together so we've been spending time together. We've been going over some questions she has from her Bible readings, talking, playing games, took a pleasant drive together. Just relaxing and enjoying being together.

• Members

That sounds great! Like a mini vacation :-) Glad you guys are having some "extra" time together. :-) Our family hasn't all been on a vacation together in almost 3 years. Would be fun to do sometime soon! We are shooting at all of us going out together to eat here in the next month or so. (we will be tipping.... hehe  :coverlaugh: ) We haven't all been out to eat in years. Costs a pretty penny now when we all go out! lol