• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

:haha I just cracked myself up!!!!I saw your username John81 and I guess being on a Baptist forum where alot of peoples names have to do with scripture my first thought was the book of John......but chapter 81?So then I thought maybe it was 8:1 and you just didn't put the :
Then as I'm about to look up the verse it hits me!Your name is John and you were born in '81!!!!!Boy did I feel like an idiot!!!!LoL!!!!
BTW,am I right?!?!?!?
Anyway,don't know why I posted this except to make you laugh like I did!LoL!

• Members

If you're an idiot then so am I! :lol:

I often spend time trying to figure out how some of these names have been put together. When I first got the internet user names really puzzled me for some time before I began to get the hang of deciphering many of them.

Yes, my name is John. I wasn't physically born in '81 but I was born again in '81.

So, you're Sarah and your a sweet Strawberry, right! :mrgreen:

• Members

Ah, one of the blessed few to have red hair!

Speaking of strawberries, sort of anyway, when I was about 2 years old my babysitter offered me a strawberry and I wouldn't eat it. She sat down and began cutting them in halves and dropping them in the bowl beside her chair. Before long she wondered why she could still hear them thumping in the bottom of the bowl after she had cut so many. She looked around and there I was, sitting behind her chair plucking the strawberries from the bowl just as fast as she could drop them in there and eating them up.

I've loved strawberries every since.

• Members

Ah, one of the blessed few to have red hair!

I personally do not like red hair. Ok that sounded really wrong I have no problem with red hair besides the fact that I have red hair. Red hair is fine on anyone besides me it reminds me too much of my mom and well my old family. I mean the family I had before I was adopted

• Members

Just remember it's YOUR red hair Jessica. It's not theirs. If you have pretty red hair be thankful for that blessing and thankful you at least received something good from your troubled family.

Broken families are terrible and I know they can leave some very bad emotional scars. Try not to let them ruin your image or view of yourself.

Like all bad things in life, we have to learn to forgive and even forget to one extent or another. This takes time, and some claim it gets easier when they are older but I believe it's the time factor more than the age factor.

I understand why you feel the way you do but I do pray the Lord will help you overcome this.

• Members

I know you are right Jessica. The preachin part is very often much more easy than the livin part.

The areas where we have the most trouble, such as in forgiving a particular person, is where we need to devote more prayer. Pray for the Lord to give you the strength and peace to be able to forgive those who hurt you. Pray consistently and the Lord will provide.

It's also important to try not to allow yourself to dwell upon that which upsets you or that which you have a hard time forgiving. Again, I realize saying this is much easier than doing this. However, if you work on this, with much prayer and the Lords guidance, you will eventually be able to do this.

As long as you walk with Christ, and keep seeking the Lord and His Kingdom, the Lord will keep you and He will eventually lead you out of these dark valleys.

• Members

We had a thread going once about screen names.....I don't know if it is still somewhere on here or not... :?

My screen name says it all. :D I am forever thankful that JESUS paid it all 4 me and Jesus paid it all 4 all who believe!!

Put your faith in HIM and walk your way to eternity.... :mrgreen:

• Members

I do this on about every board I've ever joined. :D Come on over to the lounge, sit yerself down and grab a cuppa java, hot choco, tea or cola, or even un-cola. :D :D :D

We're going to have a game:::

It's called::::

[i][b]"Defining your screen-name or handle, or does your screen-name define you."[/b][/i]