• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Correcting the King James Bible

• Members

1. And? Which book or books did you think were heretical?

2. How about the TENTH commandment?

A nice red or black BMW, Mercedes or Porsche is sure to make some one look at it and break this commandment. Right?

Just like an immodestly dressed woman can make a red blooded male break the SEVENTH commandment.

It's pretty simple.

If I had the money (and I don't) I would certainly not purchase a flashy expensive car-would you?

Oh brother. Talk about ridiculous. Sure, if I had tons of money, I might just buy a Porsche. Oh, and make sure nobody sees that PC you are using, somebody might covet it. :loco

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

kevinmiller,

Ridiculous really?

Well I am commanded by my Bible NOT to cause a brother to stumble.

Besides I don't usually drive my PC or take it out for walks on the streets of Sydney :lol

• Members

Okay then Doc. Don't buy clothes that some people can't afford. That means nothing name brand. Try goodwill or secondhand, they are the closest to offend-proof clothes you can find. And make sure you get a Festiva or something. Not a nice car, some people can't afford it and would covet it. And never invite people over to your house or they will see the PC. And don't minister to the homeless, boy will they envy that house of yours. :shootme:

• Members

Since this thread has already veered off topic and I don't really want to start a new thread for this question I'll just ask here.

Is Dr. Ruckman right about some of what he preaches/teaches? Specifically, let's stick with his preaching/teaching regarding the King James Bible.

I still haven't had a chance to read the links I've been given but I understand that Dr. Ruckman is a staunch defender of the KJB. I've been told he has written books on this topic and preaches/teaches on it. Does Dr. Ruckman offer sound defenses of the KJB?

• Members

No. Ruckman believes in the KJV because it has the name "KJV" written on the front of it. He believes and teaches advanced revelation and that the KJV "corrected" ERRORS in the ORIGINAL Greek and Hebrew. He also defends the KJV with arrogance, condemnation and foul language. Not someone a Christian should be associated with. He gives KJVO'ers a bad name.

• Members

Most often when I've seen Dr. Ruckman's name mentioned in a thread here it didn't include a lot of "meat" but mostly argument.

Kevin, what do you mean Dr. Ruckman "believes in the KJV because it has the name "KJV" written on the front of it"?

What is "advanced revelation?"

• Members

He believes the KJV is so great because it is the KJV and not because it is a perfect translation. Advanced revelation is that he thinks that there are more truths in the KJV then there were in the original manuscripts. In other words, when the KJV dropped out of Heaven in 1611, God re-inspired it to give us extra Scripture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ruckman

• Members

I'm not sure I understand how the KJB can be so great, or how he can think so, if he doesn't believe it's a perfect translation??? Are you sure about this part Kevin?

I also don't get this from the link: "Mistakes in the A.V. 1611 are advanced revelation!"

What exactly does that mean? Does Dr. Ruckman believe there are mistakes in the KJB but ascribes them to "advanced revelation" or does this mean that what OTHERS consider to be mistakes in the KJB, Dr. Ruckman sees them as advanced revelation?

• Members

Well, seeing as Ruckman doesn't believe in the validity of the Greek and Hebrew, and since he believe that the KJV was, essentially, re-inspired, he defends the KJV, not out of logic, but because it is simply the KJV.

I'm not sure whether it is him seeing the mistakes or from others. Either way, he is in gross error.

• Members

Okay then Doc. Don't buy clothes that some people can't afford. That means nothing name brand. Try goodwill or secondhand, they are the closest to offend-proof clothes you can find. And make sure you get a Festiva or something. Not a nice car, some people can't afford it and would covet it. And never invite people over to your house or they will see the PC. And don't minister to the homeless, boy will they envy that house of yours. :shootme:

No Brother I would never shoot you for that would possibly go against the 6th Commandment if you happened to give up the Ghost.

You know exactly what I am talking about.

Perhaps I have hit a sore nerve?

BTW what car do you drive and what color is it?

• Members

Haha! Umm...no you haven't hit a sore nerve. I drive a blue 1995 Mazda Protege. Is that old enough for you? I do have 16" alloy wheels on it that my uncle gave me for my birthday so maybe that makes it more covetable. :hmm

But no, I don't know what you're talking about. If I had more money, I would buy a supercharged, 6-speed, white 2006 Subaru Legacy and I wouldn't feel bad about it. :wink

It's outrageous to think that you can't buy anything that might cause someone to stumble or you couldn't buy anything that was any better than anyone else. When I see someone with a nice car, I say "wow, that's really cool." It doesn't offend me. :huh: