• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Drawing! Anime style, of course (may take a while to load)

• Members

New pic!
sad_girl.png
BTW, the story behind this pic is this:
I tried to draw a little girl from my church, but she didn't want me to, so I only drew the eyes. She was in a bad mood, btw, so with those eyes, I couldn't make a pic with a girl that's happy, so I drew a sad girl. The interesting thing is it turned out to look like the receptionist at work who has the same name as the little girl I tried to draw.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's real good, A4C

there is one little correction I like to point out. I am only doing this because I know you like drawing and no artist can be an artist unless he knows what he can do to improve his art.

Her eyes do not seem to line up. One seem to focus on something staight ahead and the other seem to focus at you.

but she is beautifully done :)

• Members

idk if you know anime but the proportions are very different then western style and that might be throwing you off. knowing what I do of anime drawing everything looked as it should be. Might be a matter of perspective, I.E. art is in the eye of the beholder.

I find it funny that when you look at a real person's eye, and it's looking at you, then you look at the other eye, if you're close enough, it's not. Rolf, now that I pointed that out your'e gonna get creeped out looking at that when talking to people.

• Members
That's real good, A4C

there is one little correction I like to point out. I am only doing this because I know you like drawing and no artist can be an artist unless he knows what he can do to improve his art.

Her eyes do not seem to line up. One seem to focus on something staight ahead and the other seem to focus at you.

but she is beautifully done :)

Thanks. Well, I guess I drew the left pupil a bit too close to the middle, although by looking only at the shading, it seems to be looking in the right direction, which isn't straight at the viewer.

• Members
idk if you know anime but the proportions are very different then western style and that might be throwing you off. knowing what I do of anime drawing everything looked as it should be. Might be a matter of perspective, I.E. art is in the eye of the beholder.

I find it funny that when you look at a real person's eye, and it's looking at you, then you look at the other eye, if you're close enough, it's not. Rolf, now that I pointed that out your'e gonna get creeped out looking at that when talking to people.

?? The pic is sort of meant to be a realistic and anime fusion. I do a lot of pics like that.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I gots new pics ^_^ Here they be (I had to just link to them, since they don't embed quite nicely in this fixed-width layout):

This is a family pic I drew for Sunday school:
http://detyabozhye.com/stuff/family-color.png

And this is supposed to be a chibi version of me playing guitar (though it didn't turn out looking too much like me) and I have no idea who's on the right ^^;;
http://detyabozhye.com/stuff/chibiwithguitar-sz.png

This was an inking experiment. I need to inprove my inking skills:
http://detyabozhye.com/stuff/inking-exp1-c.png

• Members

Thanks. ^_^

It's kind of funny how the family picture turned out to look like it's leaning a bit sideways. I fixed the final printed version though, so it'a ll good.

I wish I could get a job illustrating Christian children's books or something someday. I just need to improve my inking skills first. I doubt I'd have the attention span to draw whole anime cartoons (cell animation, even in anime, requires patience) even though that would be awesome too.