• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Singles Ministries

• Members

I wasn't quite sure where this category should go, so I thought I would take a stab here. I'm curious as to how many fundamental churches out there have singles ministries. I'm looking for some ideas.

Here at North Baptist in Brockton, MA - we have our annual Baptist Singles Conference July 1 (I'd love to meet any onlinebaptist folk who come out for that!). We have also hosted singles fellowships in the past as well. But that is pretty much what we do. However, we our very fortunate to have a pastor who is very inclusive in all church activities, not wishing to limit too much to just one group (i.e. couples only activities).

So here are a few questions:

What us your church doing?
What do you think churches could be doing?
If you are single, do you believe your church is reaching you, or do you feel at times excluded?

I'd love to hear some thoughts on the topic.

• Members

Our church has a singles SS and activities.
They meet in our conference room so obviously it has one of those available/unavailable signs on the door and they always leave it on available side! So know they are known as the [b][i]available[/i][/b] class

• Members

My church calls it college and career age class. Age ranges from anyone out of Youth group to a guy that is 29. He was in the mens class but he came along on an activity and our teacher talked him into coming to our class. :mrgreen: We have some activites during the summer. Not sure how much we will do this summer, our teacher has been diagnosed with dystonia. He teached last Sunday but he had missed the last two before that. He said it will be hit and miss when he can come.

Guest Guest

Lol how many people see single's activities the way that I used to see them? It used to be an opportunity to evaluate my single status and try to do something about changing that while I was at the activity...lol.

Katy-Anne

• 1 year later...
  • Members

At my church there are no singles they are all on different missions for the summer. This is the only church I have ever been to that the singles have a huge heart for the church and the lost. They pretty much all go to christian colleges. When they get out of school they all go into the ministry. It is so refreshing to see. We have one married couple who are going to Thailand. They are both 26. Then we have a young couple who are going to Ghana, Africa. There are single men who preach on Sunday nights. Single women who go on missionary trips all summer. The Lord is working big time in our singles group.

• Members
At my church there are no singles they are all on different missions for the summer. This is the only church I have ever been to that the singles have a huge heart for the church and the lost. They pretty much all go to christian colleges. When they get out of school they all go into the ministry. It is so refreshing to see. We have one married couple who are going to Thailand. They are both 26. Then we have a young couple who are going to Ghana' date=' Africa. There are single men who preach on Sunday nights. Single women who go on missionary trips all summer. The Lord is working big time in our singles group.[/quote']

That is really a singles ministry. They are doing the ministering!!!

My husband and I met at College and Career class and he has taught single's classes in 3 churches.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Our church is kind of small that's why we don't have singles ministry, yeah as a single person, i really like to be a part of that kind of activity so that i won't feel left out or so that I won't be tempted to seek the worldly activities that most singles do...

• Moderators
They meet in our conference room so obviously it has one of those available/unavailable signs on the door and they always leave it on available side! So know they are known as the available class
:rollover: :rollover:

Our church doesn't have a singles group or a youth group. We're pretty small, so church activities are designed to include everyone. The 'core group' of young people/singles that do things together the most includes 16-26 year olds, and occasionally someone a bit older or younger, or one of the young couples. Life would be pretty boring if we were stuck to our 'own' age group!
A good deal (if not all) the young people will be gone to some camp or another to help out during the summer. The number of those going on such trips is diminishing, however, as more of the young people are entering the work force full-time, getting married, or having to support themselves (there are a few of us, girls and guys both, who have moved to the city for work or to attend this church).
I like the sound of your church, tired -- what a neat thing to see! Our church reminded me more of that when I first came her. Lately, though, a lot of us have been struggling with complacency and a lack of desire to serve God through soulwinning. Please pray for us, that we will stop backsliding!

• Members

So, for those of you who do or don't have a ministry, or wish your church did, or whatever, what can, say, a family or couple do to help encourage the singles in staying in church and being a part of different activities? (That was a very long sentence, but I hope it makes sense.) I have been wondering how we can encourage the young singles, but I am not one myself.