• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Transmission problems on our van

• Members

We got the van last year (using money from my wife's 401k, which we are now paying for with a minuscule tax refund) because our previous car's transmission went out. I was trying to take my oldest to a tech fair at the vo-tech and it started losing power. I pulled off the road turned it off, and called my wife to tell her to try to find some other way to get to work in the morning. When I started the van back up none of the gears would work. I called AAA, but as I went outside I noticed a lot of transmission fluid on the ground, and sprayed on the passenger side of the van.

That was at 5pm, it's 7pm now and I just got home. If the transmission needs to be replaced it'll cost about $1,100. But if it just needs a line and the transmission fluid replaced it'll obviously be a lot less.

Please pray that it'll be okay. We still haven't gotten our curriculum for spring (the kids finished a whole year's curriculum in the fall). We were waiting until we got enough money to buy it.