• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for Lost Family Members

John81

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't give up praying for our lost family members! Don't forget to pray for them. We are told in Luke 11 of the importance of persistent prayer. We must persevere in prayer for our lost family members.

We were reminded of this in Sunday School this morning.

• Members

We were reminded of this in Sunday School this morning.

Same here, except it was in our evening service. Sounds like God is calling us Christians to refocus ourselves and bring our attention back to the most important thing: spreading the Gospel.

I had the joy of visiting my Grandpa a couple of weeks ago. He is terminally ill, with only weeks estimated left here on earth. I was unsure of his salvation because of his Church of Christ background, so I read about a dozen verses or so detailing exactly what it means to be saved. When I asked him if he was putting his trust in Christ and not his baptism (which Church of Christ teaches), he said he was! It's a blessing to know that, though he is suffering right now in this life, he has an eternity with the Heavenly Father to look forward to.

Now I need to continue sharing the Gospel with my parents and sisters. We all grew up Church of Christ and are indoctrinated into their teachings. I was blessed to marry an IFB, and through her testimony found out just how much I was in need of God. Now I have true joy in knowing that I have eternal security, not by something that I did, but by what my Saviour did for me, and I want to share that with my family. Please pray that the Word of God may have free course in their lives, and that their eyes will be opened to their need of salvation. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Does anyone have any updates or new prayer requests for lost family?

MOD or Bro Matt: This thread used to be pinned so it would stay at the top of the forum, Could this be done again?

Unfortunately, none of my lost family have come to Christ, but for a couple of them there are signs of hope.

Please continue to pray for my Dad and sister, and also all their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, that they may all be born again in Christ.

Thank you!

• Members

Good idea to keep on forums. prayed for your family. I have 2 unsaved (one may be saved but not sure) brothers and their wives that are not saved.

My one brother might be saved. Their family attends a Lutheran church (enuf said) currently.

• Members

I am glad you started this thread again, John.  I have so much lost family.  Please pray for:

Mark, Sarah, Allen, Mark Sr. and that whole family.   Larry, Julie, Sean, and Shannon.  BOB, Heidi, Eric, Emily and Carly.  Paul, Betsy, John, and Megan.  Also, my husband's unsaved family members in PA.  The Bandzuh and Semyan families.  Please pray for salvation of my husband's Uncle Tom (unsure) and my husband's brother's wife, Michelle.  All my relatives across the USA.  Devout RC's, fall away RC's and the New Age relatives in Texas.

• Members

I'm praying for all these and plan to pray daily for all who are added here.

For many of us, our lost family members will not listen to us so they need our prayers. May the Lord soften their hearts to His Spirit and send that someone to each of them that the Holy Ghost can use to bring them to salvation in Christ.

• Members

I'm praying for all these and plan to pray daily for all who are added here.

For many of us, our lost family members will not listen to us so they need our prayers. May the Lord soften their hearts to His Spirit and send that someone to each of them that the Holy Ghost can use to bring them to salvation in Christ.

Thanks so much, John.  We all need to pray for their salvation and pray that the Lord puts someone in their path, that will show them the gospel.  Hopefully, their hearts will be soft to listen to the Holy Spirit, and get saved.  It is so hard to witness to blood family.  That is for sure.  Jesus talks about it in his word.

Archived