• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone play any instruments?

dadof4

• Members

My main instruments are guitar and 5-string banjo. But I also play a little mandolin, violin and bass.
A very good instrument to start out on, is the mountain dulcimer. They have a beautiful, sweet sound, are super easy to learn and you will be playing tunes in minutes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I can play my nose . . . pick it or blow it.

Ewwwww! :lol :lol

I can play the violin and the Irish Tin Whistle (Englsh-made :eek ).

I muck around on my sister's piano, though I wouldn't say I can really play it. :puzzled:

Yeah...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I have decided to buy a French Horn. Lord willing I will buy one next week. I would like to pick it back up again, the folks at my church have been hounding me to do a special like I used to in High School but I borrowed my instrument from the school at that time...so I never actually owned my own. If the funds come in and I get the right price I will, anyone know someone selling one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Piano, organ (working on), and hoping to learn the harp -- it's in the mail!

For those aspiring harpists I saw earlier, have you ever heard of Harpsicles? They are very plainly made harps (look quite ugly until you get used to them), so they are cheaper than usual. I have on order a Black Fullsicle. It has all the levers, and it only cost me CAN $730. Rees Instruments makes them in the States.

• Members

I play the flute, piccolo, oboe, clarinet, trumpet a little, and piano. My sister and I seemed to have split the music talent; I can pick up any instrument and learn how to play it in a split second but my singing voice is horrendous, she on the other hand has never been able to play an instrument but has the voice of an angel.

• Administrators
I play the flute' date=' piccolo, oboe, clarinet, trumpet a little, and piano. My sister and I seemed to have split the music talent; I can pick up any instrument and learn how to play it in a split second but my singing voice is horrendous, she on the other hand has never been able to play an instrument but has the voice of an angel.[/quote']

What a blessing, SC - you'll be able to teach your kids and you'll have your own band!! That's great.