• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How many of you speak something other than English?

Do you speak any language other than English?  

1. 1. Do you speak any language other than English?

• Yes (What is it?)
    • No

• Members

Ich spreche ein Unterhaltungsdeutsches.
(I speak conversational German..)

I have also endeavored to learn how to say God bless you in several languges. So far I have got down Spanish, Afrikaans, Arabic, Kudish, and Romanian.

I have learned how to say, "Hello, my name is Ben, how are you, and would you please read this tract?" in Hindi.

Languages are so fascinating. A door opener to the foreigner.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I speak sign language pretty well, but not perfect!

Also a few phrases is Spanish and Russian. Our church has a Spanish ministry and several Russian families. When they put their kids in the 2 year old class that I work in on Sunday mornings, I use the phrases to help the kids be more at ease in the class. I can remember one Russian girl that would just scream in class, so we got a Russian teenaged girl to come and help. She asked this girl what was wrong, and she ansered, "Nothing," and went on playing happily after that.

I sang a song in German when I was in high school. Does that count for anything?

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I speak a little Spanish (grade school and Army trained), a little French (high school), some German (Army Trained and pulled a mission using it). A coupla words of Mayan, Tagalog, Japanese, and Korean. I am fluent in Southern and redneck (Childhood)!

• 2 weeks later...