Online Baptist Community

How do you minister to atheist?

Madeline

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i am by no means an authority, I do know that all belief in God has to have a foundation. As Christians you and i know that we find that foundation in the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Word.
With an athiest we have to guide them to answer the question of "What is truth"
Without a foundation of absolute truth we have nothing.
the important things that we have to establish with an athiest is that the Word of God is truth. it is by the Word of God faith grows. there is only one absolute truth and it is on this truth that we build all our understanding of Jesus Christ and His plan for our lives.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Cr 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Sure they are! We are ALL to serve God and witness to the lost! The men are to lead in churches, but if she wants to witness to the lost, let's encourage her!

If she wants to witness, thats great! But when it comes to forums (not in person, just forums or any large debate groups) , these guys' heart have already hardened and will tear down Christianity. But there will always be someone who will listen.

these guys' heart have already hardened and will tear down Christianity.

Check out the Apostle Pauls situation before the Damascus encounter. You will see that no one is beyond God's reach. Non Christians are not the only ones with hardened hearts.

Are you sure you want to witness an atheist forum? It is harsh and they will shred you into pieces.

Anytime you stand for Jesus this will happen. I would be concerned if this didn't happen, Amen

• Advanced Member

Uhhhhhhh! I don't think the atheists on the forum are going to change their mind. :cry: I tried but nothing seems to convince them. It's so sad, the devil has blinded their minds and my heart grieves for them.:bawling:

With love,
Madeline

You presented the Word, but you can't do anything more--the result are of God. If it were up to us to get people saved, nobody would ever be saved--it's all God!

Regarding atheists, though...

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
(2 Peter 3:5)

They are willingly ignorant. They don't want to believe. I know this, having two atheist/agnostic siblings...Just hardheaded, because if God exists, then they're in big trouble because they love thier sin too much.

• Advanced Member

no, keep witnessing. YOu probably get a better result if you witness in person than on a computer.

I do a lot of witnessing in person and will continue to, just a little timid. I sweat sometimes. But what about the people on the forums, should I continue?

Love,
Madeline

• Advanced Member

Has your discussion reach a point where you are just repeating the same things over and over in a different way?
Do your reply contain anything "new" ?

If you answered both of these questions no I suggest you make a final "thanks for reading post" post and move on.

We are called to share the Gospel once you have done that the rest is up to the person and God. If the conversations isn't productive I see no reason to continue. Some people look for any opening to try and trip you up. If they don't see the truth before them there is little you can do to change that.

• Advanced Member

Has your discussion reach a point where you are just repeating the same things over and over in a different way?
Do your reply contain anything "new" ?

If you answered both of these questions no I suggest you make a final "thanks for reading post" post and move on.

We are called to share the Gospel once you have done that the rest is up to the person and God. If the conversations isn't productive I see no reason to continue. Some people look for any opening to try and trip you up. If they don't see the truth before them there is little you can do to change that.

No, not really! They hurt me emotionally there and I could not take it so I left. They don't want to learn. Some of their posts are filled with sexually explicit remarks and explitives which are too offensive to mention. But as you said, I will leave it up to God as of now since there has been no progress. Thank you!

Love,
Madeline

• Advanced Member

Madelin,

Remember we are just the messenger. It is the Holy Spirit through the Word of God that leads them to salvation. Make sure when you ae witnessing that you use as much scripture as you can.

1Cr 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

It is easier said than done grace. I bombarded them with scriptures, they can't stand it when I quote scriptures, it makes them angry. I have made almost 80 posts in less than 2 days and nothing has progressed. If you think you can give them a change of heart, be my guest.

Love,
Madeline

• Baptist Men

Madeline,

We cannot force people to believe in God. We can only show them the truth. Remember I Corinthians 3:6

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

We may never know (until we get to Heaven) the results of the seed we planted or watered, but God is the one responsible for bringing forth the new life.

Jim

One thing I have learned thus far from debating with the 'hard core' atheists on the forum is that they will never believe the bible unless you can bring scientific evidence of some sort to the table.

Love,
Madeline

yep..Thats why I wrote that some christans decided to be a theist evolutionist, or reject christianity altogether ( which proves that he was doubting Christ in the first place and was hoping someone could prove that his doubt is correct)

One thing I have learned thus far from debating with the 'hard core' atheists on the forum is that they will never believe the bible unless you can bring scientific evidence of some sort to the table.

There's a lot of good material on Biblical science out there. Kent Hovind is one of them. It's much easier to prove Biblical science than evolutionary. You should look into it, I'm sure you can find some good stuff on the web.

Kevin