• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you minister to atheist?

• Members

you might can ask them "where did the big bang come from?" or where did everything began? Can't be aliens (looking at some of their prospective, some believe in aliens), because even they have to come from somewhere.

It was all created from God, who has no beginning or ending. They may asked who made God, but we know that he always existed. His proof of his existence is that we are here, and that's the reality.

They probably knew who you are by googling your screenname, especially when you link their website to us.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

you might can ask them "where did the big bang come from?" or where did everything began? Can't be aliens (looking at some of their prospective, some believe in aliens), because even they have to come from somewhere.

It was all created from God, who has no beginning or ending. They may asked who made God, but we know that he always existed. His proof of his existence is that we are here, and that's the reality.

They probably knew who you are by googling your screenname, especially when you link their website to us.

I had asked them the big bang question, this one guy told me in words I could not understand that 'the big bang' is a theory. Thus, the question 'where did the big bang come from' is a moot point. Their posts are also filled with sexual innuendos toward me which I find abhorrent. I'm just about to give up, they hurt my feelings too often.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I had asked them the big bang question, this one guy told me in words I could not understand that 'the big bang' is a theory. Thus, the question 'where did the big bang come from' is a moot point. Their posts are also filled with sexual innuendos toward me which I find abhorrent. I'm just about to give up, they hurt my feelings too often.

Love,
Madeline

There you are...Hi mad!
Whoa...neato! A website for baptists only! Maddy, I wouldn't spend too much time with atheists, there are those who are lost and are willing to receive the Gospel. Do what you can and shake the dust off your feet. So what did you do today...? :lol: See you at Bethel Sunday? :)

Take Care and God Bless!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I know this is an old topic, sorry for resurrecting it! :(

I was an atheist for a long time, since I was very young, maybe 6 or 7 years old I was already convinced there was no God, when I was 8 I saw my mother praying and mocked her, and laughed at her attempts at trying to talk to God.

I would make fun of anyone religious, and if any of my friends were religious, I would not really have anything against them, but my estimation of their IQ dropped significantly.

If people knocked on my door, or tried to give me tracts, I would very un kindly tell them off, and if they were at my door slam it in their face.

I was what you call a 'strong atheist' someone who wouldn't hear you out at all, you might have a chance with 'weak atheists' who are similar to agnostics.

My guard was slowly worn down. After a discussion with a friend, I became 'agnostic' If I was to attribute my salvation to any one event, it would be the testimony of a Christian friend of mine, the way he behaved, and defended his beliefs really impressed me, I would often talk to him about religion, and he would never get frustrated with me, or angry, but had an answer to all my questions, if though I brought up something he couldn't answer, he would be honest about it.

I later received a Bible, read it and got convicted, I would never of read it if it wasn't due to my friends testimony, and from another friend who suggested reading John and Romans (I had at that time read the first page of Matthew, that contained the genealogies and was like "pass" and closed it up)

To basically end what I was trying to say, if you personally know an atheist, your testimony is what is going to soften their hearts to the Gospel, then let God's word do the rest!

-Alen

• 2 months later...
How do you minister to atheist?

Most atheists I minister to don't care what I have to say. The Gospel bounces off of them like bullets to Superman. If I tell them that God loves them and sent his only Son to die for them, they respond by saying, 'I don't care, I don't believe that!'. Or if I were to ask them if they believe that they will go to heaven when they die, they respond by saying, 'I don't believe in God or Heaven' What am I suppose to do? And I don't want to go force the Gospel on them, they get upset sometimes and this scares me!!!

Love,
Madeline[/quote

(To be a good witness one must be sensetive to the listener.)

• Members

The Bible has clear principles. The key is to present them in love. We do not cater to sin in order to save the sinner. We give them the Bible that has the power to save.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(Romans 1:16)

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
(Matthew 22:29)