• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you minister to atheist?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Are you sure you want to witness an atheist forum? It is harsh and they will shred you into pieces. I know several people had a change of view of the bible after being on an atheist forum (they were a young Christian). One of them became a theist evolutionist. You have to have a thick skin, and full knowledge of the bible and bible history, and strong faith and love for Jesus that nothing can cause you to lose your faith. I survived from a atheist forum, and it left some doubts in me for awhile. What didn't kill me made me stronger. Many people who thought they knew Jesus decided to reject him after being in a atheist forums.

• Members

Yes yes! I want to minister on an atheist forum. Anyone who rejects Jesus after being influenced by atheists would have proven to be a false convert. Jesus said that none of his sheep can be removed from him. And I may be young, but am not a young christian. God made you stronger after debating with atheists, and I'm sure he will do the same for me. Yay!!!! :clap:

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Although i am by no means an authority, I do know that all belief in God has to have a foundation. As Christians you and i know that we find that foundation in the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Word.
With an athiest we have to guide them to answer the question of "What is truth"
Without a foundation of absolute truth we have nothing.
the important things that we have to establish with an athiest is that the Word of God is truth. it is by the Word of God faith grows. there is only one absolute truth and it is on this truth that we build all our understanding of Jesus Christ and His plan for our lives.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Cr 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

• Members

Sure they are! We are ALL to serve God and witness to the lost! The men are to lead in churches, but if she wants to witness to the lost, let's encourage her!

If she wants to witness, thats great! But when it comes to forums (not in person, just forums or any large debate groups) , these guys' heart have already hardened and will tear down Christianity. But there will always be someone who will listen.

• Members

these guys' heart have already hardened and will tear down Christianity.

Check out the Apostle Pauls situation before the Damascus encounter. You will see that no one is beyond God's reach. Non Christians are not the only ones with hardened hearts.

Are you sure you want to witness an atheist forum? It is harsh and they will shred you into pieces.

Anytime you stand for Jesus this will happen. I would be concerned if this didn't happen, Amen

• Members

You presented the Word, but you can't do anything more--the result are of God. If it were up to us to get people saved, nobody would ever be saved--it's all God!

Regarding atheists, though...

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
(2 Peter 3:5)

They are willingly ignorant. They don't want to believe. I know this, having two atheist/agnostic siblings...Just hardheaded, because if God exists, then they're in big trouble because they love thier sin too much.