• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Masons Be Christian?

• Members

I have had the same experience John. I know a few Masons that are solid Christians. I don't know enough about the Masons to know how they reconcile the two but I know the men, their testimonies and their fruits are apparent. So I would have to agree with John that not all Masons "deny the Deity of Christ"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But Masons are a secret society that "worships" another god and conducts rituals in honor of that god (Hiram McBiff, I believe, the "creator" of the pyramids). There is actually a resurrection ceremony involved, where the participants die to their old lives and are reborn into the Masons.

i understand a lot of Baptists are members of the Masons. They may be good Baptists, but they are in serious error. John Ankerberg did a very powerful video expose on the Masons. I was friends with a Mason who got out, and he said Ankerberg's depiction of the Masons and their secret ceremonies were right on. A former pastor showed Ankerberg's videos on the Masons, and about a quarter of the men walked out.

Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. or Masons.

Mitch

• Members

I had a very close friend who was a mason, then left. He was very quick to tell of their problems. In those who are Christians and mason's defense, the masons paint themselves as social networking and harmless fun for the guys. Dig deeper and you find serious problems, but it is understandable how people could get involved without seeing the problems.

• Members

At the Baptist church we used to attend, we had a tract ministry going. We made available a good variety of Chick tracts as well as Living Waters (Ray Comfort) tracts. One of the Chick tracts we supplied was called "The Curse of Baphomet", which is a tract that warns about the dangers of Freemasonry. One lady in the church complained about the tract and told us that nothing in it is true. She then proceeded to tell my husband and me all about how many wonderful works the Shriners do. Apparently she has some family members (and possibly herself as well) who are Masons (or if female belong to Eastern Star or Rainbow Girls), and I guess the tract hit just a bit too close to the truth. She complained to the Pastor and he asked us to stop supplying just that particular tract. We complied with his request, but we definitely got the impression that Masons had a foothold in that church (we're not going there anymore).

• Members

Do you have proof of that? From what I've read, it is a matter of hear-say.

Billy Graham?
The Reverend Billy Graham is not a freemason. The following correspondence to a reader of the Cutting Edge Ministry makes this very clear:
Subject: Freemason
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 11:23:21 -0500

Thank you for your e-mail message. We understand your concern about rumors that Mr. Graham is in some way associated with Freemasonry. The reports are erroneous

• Members

There is ample evidence to suggest that he is, there are many articles on the web which can substantiate this claim. Further, hearsay does not disgregard the overwhelming evidence put forth by well known men and women affiliated with the masons.

• Members

There is ample evidence to suggest that he is, there are many articles on the web which can substantiate this claim. Further, hearsay does not disgregard the overwhelming evidence put forth by well known men and women affiliated with the masons.

Sorry, but "articles on the web" should NOT be used as "overwhelming evidence"... ever.

• Members

In order to be a Mason you are no longer being separate - you are siding with them when they say a belief in a god is good enough, when they state men are good in themselves, when they try to do their good works to earn their way to Heaven, when they put all religious books on the same level (in other words, the Bible is no longer the holy - separated from all other - Scriptures, but one among many), they alos believe in the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God (there is no brotherhood outside of the family of God). Also, to be a Mason you need to take blood oaths, which clearly go against God's Word and commands for the Christian.

It is a religious group, not just a social group - and as such, we are commanded to be separated from them - they (Masons) are NOT our brethren in Christ (only true believers are, those who are born again through faith in Christ alone for salvation), and any true Christian who gets involved in them is sinning and disobeying God's commands.

• Members

Study the Masons out, no solid Christian would want to be part of the Masons. And a Christian that is in the Masons is a solid Christian.

John Rice wrote a very good booklet that covers all the reasons why a solid Christian would not be in the Masons.

But as with many other issues, many Christians let the devil blind their eyes and they put their feet into the fire.

Masons are not suppose to pray in the name of Jesus which completely contradicts God's teachings.

Several have already gave verses that should be heeded by the child of God.

• Members

Without being in the Masons how can one really know what goes on in the individual lodges? We have reports from some who claim they are evil, we have reports from others they are not evil.

A friend of mine in Arkansas is a 30-something degree Mason and a Christian. He says he has heard all these evil things about Masons all his life. When he would explain that he had seen none of what the critics complained about, they all told him that the lower degrees just don't know about it. Now he is the the 30 degrees and has still seen nothing of th evil he has heard and read about.

So, with no direct knowledge of my own to go by, this second hand account is the closest to the source I have.

• Members

You can also read the writings of those who are leaders in it. It is through these books that many get their information.

Either way, an organization that puts Christ/Christianity/the Bible on the same level as any other religion is wrong - and should not be joined by any other Christian. That Christian who does join is disobedient and rejecting what God says in the Scriptures about not being unequally yoked together - therefore their "opinion" of how good the organization is (when they are living in rebellion) is worthless - perhaps due to their compromises, they are now blinded. When you reject what God teaches in His Word, He takes away what you have; when you believe and apply it, He gives you more.

• Members

Lodges, Examined By The Bible by John R Rice for $2,95 will tell you what you need to know about the Lodges.

You can get it from The Sword of the Lord.

They do teach salvation by good works.

My dad was in the Lodge, I've look in the books has had on it, I could not be a part of it.

They actually teach acceptance of anyone's idea of a God, that is why they do not want anyone to pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

I know many Christians that are in it, but they are not solid Christians, if they were they would come out from among them.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Since I posted this I found out a Baptist pastor who I had much respect for was a Mason, rightly gave me a big surprise that he would be in such a group.

Sure is disappointing.

He received some kind of an award from his lodge and had a picture of him in the paper with his vest on accepting the reward from another lodge member.

• Members

I know of people that are masons, there is a lot of false information spread, and these "rituals" and so forth are nonsense. When someone becomes a member, they go through a ceremony and so forth and then they are officially members, as you increase rank, more ceremonies you go through. You have to believe in a god to be a Mason, they do not really care which. Their is no worshiping of any god there.

Is there something deep and mysterious about them? Yes. Could there be a lot of stuff under the surface? Yes. However of the people I know that were Masons, and some were for a very long time, they never saw anything that would raise an eyebrow.

Also to answer the question, I believe a Christian can be a Mason, and be a very devout one at that. However I do not suggest anyone become one, due to the "appearance of evil". It would be much easier and safer to avoid them.

-Alen