• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible College

Alen

• Members

Just an overall degree, I don't believe the Lord is leading me towards anything specific.

-Alen

Maybe you should consider going for 1 year just to study Bible then and see how God leads after that. I know people who did this and their calling to full-time service was confirmend while in Bible college. I also know folks (dh, for one) who did this and their path was also made plain but it wasn't for full-time service (at least not right now). It sure does help ground a person though in the Word.

I know some Bible colleges that have a 1 year Bible diploma, 2 year Bible diploma and a 3 year Bible diploma. After that, if you decide to pursue a Bachelor's degree, your Bible credits will carry over to your degree.

• Members

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Bakershalfdozen, that was something that came across my mind, though I don't plan on going to Bible college for some time yet, it may be something to do.

There is a Bible college here that offers night classes for some of the units it teaches, I was considering taking up a few for this year (2007) and see if the Lord does anything with that.

-Alen

• Members

I'm going to Heartland Baptist Bible College next fall and would highly recommend it.

HBBC is formerly Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College and moved to Oklahoma in the late '90's. My church is one of the primary supporters of it and very heavily involved.

Here's the website. http://www.heartlandbaptist.edu

Ditto, I go to Heartland and I love it there, it has proved as a growing experience for me. I have learned so much about God's word and so many other things. It's wonderful to be surrounded(by the most part) By people who love the Lord with all their hearts. I was thinking the other day...these people are going to be the future generation in ministry with me, along with people at some other colleges. It is an awesome feeling to think about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members
I go to Lehigh Valley Baptist Bible Institute by Internet as Long Distance student. "http://lvbaptist.org/institute/index.htm" Teachers are very friendly and are able to give you help even by Internet.

Excellent! I've seen their "What Standard?" video and I really appreciate their desire to use the law in witnessing.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...