• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cowards-The Repentance Lie

Guest Guest

Like I said,these guys are cowards!(Thats why they keep deleting my posts)

They believe this false Babylonian Catholic "repent unto salvation" gospel.
I have already proved them to be apostate,I have given a list of every verse in the Bible with "repent" in it,and proved that not everyone repents to be saved.
They refuse to give answer to the "Evidence That Demands A Verdict"!

The gospel of John mentions "believe" 90 times and the word "repent" is mentioned NONE!(The same amount of verses they have to prove their false Babylonian doctrine.)
"Believe" is mentioned 6 to 1 over "repent" and "repent" is one of the least talked about subjects in the Bible.
They have yet to explain these things or answer ( without private interpatation ) where it says the Jailor,the Enuch or even the Theif "repented".
They also can't explain away Jonah 3 where God Himself calls "repenting of sin" a work.

Bible Repentance is clearly taught in scriptures....Unbelievers-Repent of unbelief,Trusting in works( the works of the law (repenting of sin) and good works(because works can't save you) and false gods.
Believers-Repent of sins(the works of the law) unto good works,but concerning the gospel,..."thy faith hath saved thee"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you're so upset. All I would tell you is repentance means to turn from your old ways to the LORD"S ways. Why does that upset you? This is a natural reaction to believeing in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savouir---Would you agree with my last statement or would that be a problem for you? Really trying to understand where your coming from. Your anger makes me think someone has something wrong to you. If so I'm sorry!! Please answer because I want to understand where your coming from --in Christ's love Pixiedust

I have already proved them to be apostate,I have given a list of every verse in the Bible with "repent" in it,and proved that not everyone repents to be saved.

The gospel of John mentions "believe" 90 times and the word "repent" is mentioned NONE!(The same amount of verses they have to prove their false Babylonian doctrine.)
"Believe" is mentioned 6 to 1 over "repent" and "repent" is one of the least talked about subjects in the Bible.
They have yet to explain these things or answer ( without private interpatation ) where it says the Jailor,the Enuch or even the Theif "repented".
They also can't explain away Jonah 3 where God Himself calls "repenting of sin" a work.

Bible Repentance is clearly taught in scriptures....Unbelievers-Repent of unbelief,Trusting in works( the works of the law (repenting of sin) and good works(because works can't save you) and false gods.
Believers-Repent of sins(the works of the law) unto good works,but concerning the gospel,..."thy faith hath saved thee"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
I don't understand why you're so upset. All I would tell you is repentance means to turn from your old ways to the LORD"S ways. Why does that upset you? This is a natural reaction to believeing in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savouir---Would you agree with my last statement or would that be a problem for you? Really trying to understand where your coming from. Your anger makes me think someone has something wrong to you. If so I'm sorry!! Please answer because I want to understand where your coming from --in Christ's love Pixiedust

Repent meaning changing your ways or changing your mind/belief which in turns informs the works you do as you live out your salvation?

Absoluely agree tcr123!!! Just realized we may have a language communication problem. Lazerus is in Germany! When you discuss things like this even people who speak good english may misunderatand where your coming from exactly! I know we have a Pastor here that speaks German because he spoke with my son . Do you happen to know who he is? He was very kind to my son! Maybe we should just ask? pixiedust

Repent meaning changing your ways or changing your mind/belief which in turns informs the works you do as you live out your salvation?

• Members
Just realized we may have a language communication problem.

It isn't that pixiedust, I believe Lazarus is just the latest name of a troll who has probably been banned 15 times under different names already. If I recall rightly his name is actually nelson. He is just here to waste our time and try to annoy us.

Seth-Doty-- I didn't know. I was trying to help him!This is one the men have to deal with so I'll stay out of your way. I'm really sorry if I got in the way. I just didn't understand the situation. Your sister in Christ--Pixiedust

• Members

Who exactly do I believe you or God's word. God commands us to repent, and Jesus began His ministry teaching us to repent. You say it's a work to repent, I say it's a gift of God. What does God say?

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

I know salvation is of faith but, God thought it very important for us to repent. So, I'll go with God.

I'd rather reason this out and not fight,but I feel you have left me with no choice....I said things and if the shoe fit,I can't apolagise.And it was you guys that personally attacked me,first!
Repentance-to change your mind,direction,to be sorry,to pity,console,avenge,to comfort,return to starting point,break,build,dig,...ect. My understanding of "repentance" isn't the problem,but yours.Also you have not rightly divided the Word of Truth.
My bitterness?,Is for the gross Truth of people going to hell for a false gospel. My sarcasm?,is because when I gave the Truth in love you refused the report.
Whether I get deleted or not is not why I come.....Satan can call a "time Out" but you can't break Gods rythme,
and if I be slain for the Truth I know my resurrection is sure.
This topic boils my noodle because it isn't "repenting" that saves!!!!! I'm not against "repenting" nor do I deny the gravity of it's doctrine.What I am against is adding it to the Blood that purchased me....."Worthy Is the Lamb"!!!!Besides anything thats a lie is not the Truth, and I battle everyday for the souls of men and this "repentance" salvation is just as harmful as the Catholics or any other false religion,cult,or apostate church.(Reformed Baptist....no such animal)They might spell it different,but they all teach the same gospel.
And it's as old as Babylon!!!!!!!!!
It's only cuz I love God that I fight soo hard,and hate so zealotly the things that hurt God and in the end I love God more then any of you........Whom have I in heaven but thee?And there is no one on earth I desire beside thee.
My God is a consuming fire! And so, I am a "Flamer" because the fire of the Lord has fallen on me,and his Word is a burning fire shut up in my bones. Making me,His minister,a flaming fire.....besides,He's provided Himself the sacrafice. God has built the bridge and provided Himself the toll....The Gospel soo simple even a "Troll" can understand.

• Members

Well see, when I was a teen, the church we went to taught that all you had to do was "pray a prayer". It didn't matter if you didn't even want God in your life, if you just "prayed a prayer" then you were saved no matter what and could live any way you wanted to afterward.

Most of us here on OB do not believe in any kind of works for salvation. Faith and repentance and two sides of the same coin and are instantaneous at salvation. One does not have to stop being a drunkard, stop lying, stop cheating, etc. before one can be saved. Not at all. When a person finally sees himself in his sin and squalor as God sees him, that person repents* (changes his mind) and in faith cries out to God for mercy and forgiveness.

*Repents - this could be changing your mind about how you are atoning for those sins or changing your mind about how you view sin or any number of things. Let's use a person from India as an example. He has been trying to atone for his sins all his life. He has made pilgrimages, tortured his body, etc. trying to gain favor for entrance into Heaven. He finally hears the truth. He finally understands that Jesus is the only way...not by any works of righteousness that we have done. In one split second he believes the gospel and changes his mind (repents) about he has been doing.

When Jesus told the Pharisees to repent, it was because they believed they were ok. They kept the law and didn't view themselves as sinners. They had to view themselves as sinners and in faith accept Christ as their only way of salvation.

This is what I believe repentance to mean and I believe it is Biblical.

The India guy believed in his works.
The Pharisees also believed in works (repenting of sins) but they were unbelievers of Jesus.
Like the Bible says "condenmed already,because they have not Believed in the name of the only begotton son of God"

I don't believe in that false "say a prayer" and your saved,either!You have to believe the report,the record,in Jesus of the Bible. But no matter which way you try and explain it away......You gotta believe before you can change.

NO! ONE MUST REPENT TO BE SAVED IS NOT BIBLE REPENTANCE!