• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bring your guns to church

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John, I'm confused.......please explain to me, why bibical support is not history in itself? The entire Bible is nothing but historical facts (with the exception of the forthcoming events, such as the rapture of the church and the coming of Christ...and they WILL come to pass). Just wanting to here your views. Thanks.

I should have been more clear. The Bible gives examples of Christians being persecuted, tells of their reactions and of their gatherings but there is no record of Christians taking weapons to their church services.

While there are historical examples of some American Christians taking weapons with them to church, there are not examples in the NT of Christians taking weapons with them to church.

The biblical record of how NT Christians dealt with persecution differ greatly from much of the historical American perspective on such.

• Members

Hey trc123

I have to shoot the standard Police Academy qualification course which is 15 yards in which you fire 25 rounds in a series of different configurations such as double taps, single handed fire, and fire from the waist at 3 feet away from the target. We use Human siluette targets and have to hit in the kill zone, about a 12 inch by 16 inch zone. It is a very simple course for anyone with shooting expirience.

When I started in Law Enforcment in 1991, the course was 50 rounds and started at 25 yards away from the target. I liked that one much better. I shoot the 25 yard target for practice, which makes the 15 yard target cake.

• Administrators

I should have been more clear. The Bible gives examples of Christians being persecuted, tells of their reactions and of their gatherings but there is no record of Christians taking weapons to their church services.

While there are historical examples of some American Christians taking weapons with them to church, there are not examples in the NT of Christians taking weapons with them to church.

The biblical record of how NT Christians dealt with persecution differ greatly from much of the historical American perspective on such.

John, there's no NT record of a lot of things we do now...even, say, meeting in a church building...the early church met in homes. Are we sinning because we don't?

• Members

Christ said in Luke 22:36: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

That sounds like arming the NT church to me......

Another point, the Christian life is just that... the Christian life. If I carry throughout the week why would it be different when I go to church. Don't we teach that a Christian is a Christian seven days a week?

• Members

The NT records Christians meeting together (church) and also records some of the persecution they faced and their response to such persecution.

John, here's one KJV Bible fact that you can't deny that happened. When the house of God was misused (by the money changers), Jesus Christ himself used "force" to get them out. When someone comes into the church, with intentions other than to worship, I think we have the right to move them. I know that we're not Jesus, but anyone that comes against the men of God, (our preachers)....our families, during the worship of our Saviour, I think they should be moved, even if it takes a .45 caliber to do it. There are times when force is needed, even in the Church. I do respect your stand on this issue, and if you choose to die a matyrs death in the name of Jesus Christ, I commend your courage. I'm not afraid to die either, but I sure want to protect my family (including my church family) from those who come against them (especially those who come against the name of Jesus), whether it be in the church or outside it. As stated in an earlier posting on this thread, the Bible states that those who do not provide for their families is worse than an infidel. Providence includes protection, do agree, or not?

• Members

Providing for and protecting a family are two separate things. There are also more ways to protect ones family than by taking guns to church.

I've never said I wouldn't fight against someone attacking our church.

I'm actually a man of action and my first impulse would be to strike back as hard, as fast and with as much finality as possible. Years ago, such would have been my virtually instinctual reaction. Now I can see my own limitations much more clearly; I can see what the Word says about so many things I didn't get back then; I'm so much closer to the Lord now than then; and I've seen the Lord move in my life in some situations to hold back and allow God to do His work.

I hope that if ever faced with a situation I would be in tune enough with the Spirit to know whether the Lord would have me take action or to be still and know that He is God.