• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bring your guns to church

• Members

They showed the church and pastor on Fox News tonight. Folks were encouraged to wear their guns because they live in an open carry state. However, the pastor said they were not allowed to have bullets!

What's the point?

huh? you kidding? A gun without ammo is just a hunk of worthless steel. (Well, perhaps you could hit them on head with it :)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL I guess they could throw the gun at the bad guy.
Hello bgann4546. In Oregon if your permit expires, you have to renew it by starting over except for the training. If you have proof of past training or a military dd214 then your good to go. Oregon is also an open carry state but most people prefer to carry concealed (I know I do).

As for retired Law Enforcement like me, if you have 15+ years of honorable service you get what is called and HR218 card. This is suppossed to be available in all 50 states. It is a card that I carry with my police ID that I have to renew yearly through my Sheriff's Office. All I have to do is shoot a qualifier with the sheriff's range master and im good to go. Im going up to get renewed today. It allows me to carry concealed in all 50 states as long as I have my Retired Police ID and the HR218 card. Its one of the few good things the federal government did.

Well, gotta go get my gun and go shooting with the range master. :makmiday::runforhills:

• Members

huh? you kidding? A gun without ammo is just a hunk of worthless steel. (Well, perhaps you could hit them on head with it :)

Actually a gun without ammo is much worse than a "hunk of worthless steel" it is downright dangerous and can get the one carrying killed right quick!

• Members

I just heard this pastor (Ken Pagano) interviewed on CNN. He was a very well reasoned and spoken advocate for our 2nd Amendment rights and did not come across as a kook at all. He gave a very logical, balanced and spiritual accounting for the gathering (on Saturday; not Sunday by the way). I thought he was a great witness for Christ actually weaving in the fact that Jesus wouldn't carry a weapon when he first came because it wasn't appropriate as his mission was to go to the cross to die their for all our sins; but that Jesus would come again to establish his kingdom and he would be using force at that time!

• Members

I just heard this pastor (Ken Pagano) interviewed on CNN. He was a very well reasoned and spoken advocate for our 2nd Amendment rights and did not come across as a kook at all. He gave a very logical, balanced and spiritual accounting for the gathering (on Saturday; not Sunday by the way). I thought he was a great witness for Christ actually weaving in the fact that Jesus wouldn't carry a weapon when he first came because it wasn't appropriate as his mission was to go to the cross to die their for all our sins; but that Jesus would come again to establish his kingdom and he would be using force at that time!

In the Fox News interview I saw he was well spoken but he was more passionate and direct with 2nd amendment comments than anything Scriptural. He also hurt his argument by claiming it's great for folks to carry their guns and how folks are responsible but he wouldn't allow them to bring bullets with their guns on the bring your guns to church day.

All in all, this was not a positive stunt for the advancement of God's kingdom. Just as liberals turn the church away from their primary purpose towards their own agendas, so some more conservative churches do the same as they advocate some conservative agenda.

Much better if the church had held a "bring a friend to church" event, or even "bring a liberal to church" event. The the pastor could have presented the Gospel to many lost souls and the congregation could have shown their love and care for those that attended the event.

• Members

In the Fox News interview I saw he was well spoken but he was more passionate and direct with 2nd amendment comments than anything Scriptural. He also hurt his argument by claiming it's great for folks to carry their guns and how folks are responsible but he wouldn't allow them to bring bullets with their guns on the bring your guns to church day.

All in all, this was not a positive stunt for the advancement of God's kingdom. Just as liberals turn the church away from their primary purpose towards their own agendas, so some more conservative churches do the same as they advocate some conservative agenda.

Much better if the church had held a "bring a friend to church" event, or even "bring a liberal to church" event. The the pastor could have presented the Gospel to many lost souls and the congregation could have shown their love and care for those that attended the event.

In his CNN interview he readily stated that not all gun owners are properly educated or observe the laws or safety standards and he stated it is similar to those who own and use cars that are not properly equipped or responsible in the use of a motor vehicle....

• Members

In his CNN interview he readily stated that not all gun owners are properly educated or observe the laws or safety standards and he stated it is similar to those who own and use cars that are not properly equipped or responsible in the use of a motor vehicle....

He didn't mention all that on Fox. He gave the impression his congregation were safe and reliable gun carryers but he wouldn't let them bring bullets with their guns to his bring your guns to church event.

• Members

He didn't mention all that on Fox. He gave the impression his congregation were safe and reliable gun carryers but he wouldn't let them bring bullets with their guns to his bring your guns to church event.

Understood, on today's CNN interview he talked about some coming he didn't know, others he did, some had "hot" weapons in the open, others had "hot" weapons concealed.

He happens to be a certified shooting instructor and competitively shoots. During the interview they discussed the historical aspects of firearms in the early American churches. Some banned them and they had to be left outside the door, others required you bring them to church and actually had gun racks in the church. Remember, they were frontiersman that were protecting their families from wild critters and natives; they were also at war with different entities (French, British, etc....) and used them for self-defense. While our culture is not used to it, there is historical support for having them.

• Members

Historical support and biblical support differ.

John, I'm confused.......please explain to me, why bibical support is not history in itself? The entire Bible is nothing but historical facts (with the exception of the forthcoming events, such as the rapture of the church and the coming of Christ...and they WILL come to pass). Just wanting to here your views. Thanks.