• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Best place to host church website?

bkurle

• Members

Does anybody have any suggestions concerning a new host for our church website?

The original designer of our website had it hosted from o-f.com because it was free. Unfortunately, our free site means that we have pop-ups and outside advertising on our site, which we would like to eliminate. Our church and budget is small, so we would like to keep the cost under $10/month.

We have a small website, so we don't need a large amount of storage. Also, we will be registering and using a new domain name which is a little easier to remember. Our website is basically informational, so we really have no need for the ability to have email accounts or any type of web-commerce.

I really don't know much about different web hosts, so I'd really appreciate any advice you guys can give. Obviously, we would prefer not to support any host that hosts so-called "adult" sites or anything like that. (I realize we probably won't find a "perfect" host.)

Thanks!

• Members

[color=darkblue]I think BroMatt is offering webhosting. I'm not too familiar with all this stuff but this might be of help:

http://www.onlinebaptist.com/messageboa ... hp?t=15821

Also, I believe we have a member or two who does webhosting as a ministry. I think it is Kubel. You might do a search by his username.[/color]

• Members

minihost.org :thumb I used that site for my church. It is a great place to try if your church is very small and you don't know how your website will work out. If your website seem to be growing, you can move up which you will eventually have to pay, I think. Unfortunately, we don't have enough events to keep the website updated.

• Members

Does anybody have any suggestions concerning a new host for our church website?

If you are looking for free web hosting but don't need a lot of space, definitely check out MiniHost.org. I can get you set up with a free 50MB disk space, 700MB bandwidth account with no ads.

Here's a direct link to sign up: http://www.minihost.org/signup.php?pn=MH-S1

It's a personal ministry of a friend and I. So far we have 14 free ministries hosted with us (0 paid ministries, but God is providing nevertheless).

BTW:
For those geeks out there: Web hosting is a fun, inexpensive ministry to get into. There is a particularly strong demand for Christian web designers to donate their time to help build missionary sites.

So many missionaries out there don't have the time or means to build and host a site for themselves. It would really be a blessing to them if anyone could offer their time to help them out.

For those of you that might be interested, try getting in contact with a missionary that your church supports (or even one you meet online) and ask them if they would be interested in a free site. Not only does it bless them and build your experience and portfolio, but it really is a blessing to yourself getting in touch, reading their prayer letters, seeing their photos, and knowing that you've helped out their ministry in a small way. It really gives you a heart for missions!

So far, I've had the blessing to build, host, and maintain 3 missionary sites. They aren't super pretty (I'm hardly a web designer), but I trust it blessed at least one of us :).

• Members

Kubel has done a great job for this missionary. Lots of folks I know have logged on to it, said it looks great and I can even load pictures any time I want (which for me is a huge breakthrough for this computer illiterate!).

Definitely a recommend for shoe string budget missionaries. :frog

Thanks and

God bless,

Calvary