• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bill Gaither and the Southern Gospel Crowd

PreacherBen

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We are now opposed to using CCM as a ministry tool for teens because it only feeds their natural desires and passions; it does not produce the fruit of the Spirit. Even with the 'good Christian alternatives' we gave them[(artists with good testimonies)], instead they craved more worldly music and their love for the world seemed to increase rather than decrease. Bible study and prayer could not co-exist in their lives alongside the sensuality of CCM.

-Why I Left the Contemporary Christian Music Movement by Dan Lucarini-

• Members

-Why I Left the Contemporary Christian Music Movement by Dan Lucarini-

I disagree with the Author's argument here. My youth group at a more "liberal" church I attended listened to CCM, P&W music was played in church, etc. And yet, all of us in the youth group were very conservative, fierce Bible believers, who loved the Lord. We did witnessing, had prayer meetings and Bible studies, on our OWN time. We'd just call each other up and say "Hey, let's meet at the church and have a Bible study or prayer meeting." We had our own prayer chain, and were very active in getting the church involved in evangalistic outreach programs.

• Members

That's interesting. But not knowing the church personally I can't really comment. That certainly isn't the norm.

From what I've seen, the norm is for kids in any church to gravitate towards doing away with standards. Both IFB churches and non-IFB churches. In fact, some of the most ungodly young people I've seen have come out of IFB churches. It's not the music that's necessarily the problem.

• Members

From what I've seen, the norm is for kids in any church to gravitate towards doing away with standards. Both IFB churches and non-IFB churches. In fact, some of the most ungodly young people I've seen have come out of IFB churches. It's not the music that's necessarily the problem.

No, but it is a symptom of the problem.

• Members

Because rock music is not of God and millions are being deceived into thinking that if we have words that talk about Christ with the world's music then suddenly it becomes Christian.

And we know rock music is not of God how?

You have never yet proved anything about why you believe it is wrong, Kevin. All you have is opinion.

And if you don't like John quoting books to read on the interracial marriage thread, don't suggest books written by man for us to read on this thread either.

Katy-Anne

• Members

You have never yet proved anything about why you believe it is wrong, Kevin. All you have is opinion.

And if you don't like John quoting books to read on the interracial marriage thread, don't suggest books written by man for us to read on this thread either.

Katy-Anne

Oh bother. I have never stated my personal opinion on the subject of music. I used a book written by someone who had experience with CCM because I thought it was very true. I have posted enough other Scripture to back up my beliefs. The difference is, John hasn't posted any Scripture at all.

I have heard so many Southern Gospel songs that are made up almost entirely of KJV Scripture. You don't even get that much with traditional hymns.

Katy-Anne