• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bill Gaither and the Southern Gospel Crowd

PreacherBen

• Members

PreacherBen,

As far as the funny pics go. There are some solid IFB churches that will put on a skit using Elvis and for Ladies Retreat/conferences will have men dressed up in dresses as part of a skit.

As far as the Ball Brothers go I do belive that they are Godly men. And as far as the pics go I don't believe that thier intent was to mock sin and you cannot say that that is what they were doing, unless you can see and read their heart which you cannot.

As far as the video goes I don't believe that he is a Ball Brother.

I do not appreciate you insinuating that I am not saved, or that I do not know how to discern scriptures or I am in sin. You know nothing of me.

:goodpost:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Every arguement so far has been according to feelings. When CLEAR SCRIPTURE is posted, anger is provoked. If your church is VIOLATING scripture for the (foolish, which is sin) fun of skits, they are not right with God, or unsaved and cannot discern the certainty and seriousness of scripture.

That is what's wrong with the independent fundamental Baptist movement. Concerning doctrine, gun barrel straigt. Concerning practice, twice as empty!

Willful violation of biblical principles is sin. If the Ball Brothers allow this on their site, they are in sin. They know not the word of God or how to apply it to themselves and their, for lack of a better phrase, ministy.

• Members

Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Every arguement so far has been according to feelings. When CLEAR SCRIPTURE is posted, anger is provoked. If your church is VIOLATING scripture for the (foolish, which is sin) fun of skits, they are not right with God, or unsaved and cannot discern the certainty and seriousness of scripture.

That is what's wrong with the independent fundamental Baptist movement. Concerning doctrine, gun barrel straigt. Concerning practice, twice as empty!

Willful violation of biblical principles is sin. If the Ball Brothers allow this on their site, they are in sin. They know not the word of God or how to apply it to themselves and their, for lack of a better phrase, ministy.

What scripture? And where have I gotten angry?

• Members

PreacherBen,

Our church does these types of skits, we have had The Ball Brothers for several years (even when their dad sang with them). This has been done with the blessing of our pastor. I will make sure that I let him know that you think that he is either not right with God, unsaved, or cannot discern scriptures.

If I seem upset I am. I don't like people insinuating what my spiritual condition is like that don't even know me, my pastor, or my church.

• Members

In "FUNNY PICTURE" #3AND 4, this "godly" Ball Brother is imitating Elvis. Elvis Presley was a wicked man.

Pro 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous [there is] favour.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "godly" BALL BROTHER is a fool.

In FUNNY PICTURE #10, this "goldy" BALL BROTHER is dresed like a woman.

Deu 22:5 ¶ The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "godly" BALL BROTHER is an abomination unto the LORD thy God!

In fact, all the "FUNNY PICTURES" are foolishness.

Pro 24:9 The thought of foolishness [is] sin: and the scorner [is] an abomination to men.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "goldy" BALL BROTHER is in sin!

Tell me which of the above sciptures are misapplied?

When does motive outweigh scripture?
When is it acceptable to disobey scripture for good church fun?
Why, when God said, Don't do it! do 21st century Baptists think they can dismiss His Holy word?

Auburn-Tiger, the reason you are chapped, is because this axe is striking at the root of your current spiritual state and that of your congregation, pastor included. It is the spiritual thermometer of the churches of our day

And we lament, "Why no revival?" This is why. If we really thought God meant what He said, AND HE DID! we would humble ourselves, repent, and FORSAKE, our wicked ways, and God would heal our land. Instead we sink lower and lower into the cesspool of 21st century Christianity.

Who is going to stop the foolishness and return to God's holy principles?

• Members

In "FUNNY PICTURE" #3AND 4, this "godly" Ball Brother is imitating Elvis. Elvis Presley was a wicked man.

Pro 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous [there is] favour.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "godly" BALL BROTHER is a fool.

In FUNNY PICTURE #10, this "goldy" BALL BROTHER is dresed like a woman.

Deu 22:5 ¶ The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "godly" BALL BROTHER is an abomination unto the LORD thy God!

In fact, all the "FUNNY PICTURES" are foolishness.

Pro 24:9 The thought of foolishness [is] sin: and the scorner [is] an abomination to men.

According to THE BIBLE, GOD'S HOLY WORD (KJV) this "goldy" BALL BROTHER is in sin!

Tell me which of the above sciptures are misapplied?

When does motive outweigh scripture?
When is it acceptable to disobey scripture for good church fun?
Why, when God said, Don't do it! do 21st century Baptists think they can dismiss His Holy word?

Auburn-Tiger, the reason you are chapped, is because this axe is striking at the root of your current spiritual state and that of your congregation, pastor included. It is the spiritual thermometer of the churches of our day

And we lament, "Why no revival?" This is why. If we really thought God meant what He said, AND HE DID! we would humble ourselves, repent, and FORSAKE, our wicked ways, and God would heal our land. Instead we sink lower and lower into the cesspool of 21st century Christianity.

Who is going to stop the foolishness and return to God's holy principles?

Do you believe in the sole/soul authority of the believer?

• Members

PreacherBen,

One question. If our pastor and church is living in sin, according to you, will God bless them (pastor, church) or not?

On a side note. You must have taken the verse that says be fruitful and multiply seriously. 8 kids. WOW. My wife and I only want 2.

• Members

Will,
Jdg 2:10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
Jdg 2:11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
Jdg 2:12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.
Jdg 2:13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.
Jdg 2:14 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.

21st Century soul liberty explained in the O.T. This is the state of the church in many, but not all (Praise God!) cases.

• Members

Will,
Jdg 2:10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
Jdg 2:11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
Jdg 2:12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.
Jdg 2:13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.
Jdg 2:14 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.

21st Century soul liberty explained in the O.T. This is the state of the church in many, but not all (Praise God!) cases.

:?

• Members

Auburn_Tiger,
We went to a church and the assoc. pastors wife was a tremendous soul winner who lead many to Christ. Eventually she became convicted about her OWN spiritual state, and got saved.

Did God bless her with fruit? Yes. Why? Because the Gospel is true. If she wouldn't have repented, she would have gone straight to hell.

Just because a church has "apparent" fruit, or growth, it doesn't particularly mean, it is the express blessings of God.

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

There is a certain level of blessing to anyone who will spread His word. But have we sunk so low that we are content with fair, when we could have excellent? Or better yet, give to God, excellence!

But...we do not know what God would do if a church truly repented and forsook worldliness and sin, and let God loose. We don't know it.

In regards to my family, thank you, they are my joy and my crown.

• Members

In regards to :?
Soul authority or soul liberty.

Individual soul liberty
The basic concept of individual soul liberty is that, in matters of religion, each person has the liberty to choose what his/her conscience or soul dictates is right, and is responsible to no one but God for the decision that is made. A person may then choose to be a Baptist, a member of another Christian denomination, an adherent to another world religion, or to choose no religious belief system, and neither the church, nor the government, nor family or friends may either make the decision or compel the person to choose otherwise.

One is free to choose, however, there are consequences.

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

No one is imposing a mandate passed down from a denominational headquarters. No, these are bible principle being expounded. As I said earlier, the violations (like those of the Ball Brothers,) are violations of CLEAR scriptural principles. I have not heard ONE clear response to the verses applied to the Ball Brothers and thier unscriptural behaviour.

• Members

In regards to :?
Soul authority or soul liberty.

Individual soul liberty
The basic concept of individual soul liberty is that, in matters of religion, each person has the liberty to choose what his/her conscience or soul dictates is right, and is responsible to no one but God for the decision that is made. A person may then choose to be a Baptist, a member of another Christian denomination, an adherent to another world religion, or to choose no religious belief system, and neither the church, nor the government, nor family or friends may either make the decision or compel the person to choose otherwise.

One is free to choose, however, there are consequences.

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

No one is imposing a mandate passed down from a denominational headquarters. No, these are bible principle being expounded. As I said earlier, the violations (like those of the Ball Brothers,) are violations of CLEAR scriptural principles. I have not heard ONE clear response to the verses applied to the Ball Brothers and thier unscriptural behaviour.

I don't really care about the Ball Brothers. *shrugs*

• Members

PreacherBen,

One question. If our pastor and church is living in sin, according to you, will God bless them (pastor, church) or not?

On a side note. You must have taken the verse that says be fruitful and multiply seriously. 8 kids. WOW. My wife and I only want 2.

This is uncalled for IMO... this thread is about music, not mocking someone for how many children they have. I don't want 8 children either, but if someone does, then its their business, and they enjoy their blessings and its not for someone to point out or mock about...even if you DO think you have been treated unfairly in this thread, its about music...NOT family!!!!! IMO that is much too personal and shows your anger in an unfair way.

I will say that I agree that men putting on women's apparel at ANY time is an abomination according to the Bible. I don't know that I'd judge a group solely on one photo because the college I went to, had a skit, where the guys put on a dress to act like a girl...I wasn't comfortable with that either, but obviously they were misled (even under strong preaching about not cross dressing :? ).

I don't like the Ball Brothers because their music is worldly... I really don't care about dumb pictures. But I wanted to point out that what he is saying about men putting on a woman's garment is VERY clear in Scripture, and there's no denying it. How someone wants to apply it to this situation might be debatable, but its true as far as the photo itself being wrong.