• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Outreach Quartet

Alen

• Members

Has anyone heard of the Outreach Quartet before?

I have one of their albums, called Saved, Saved, Saved. You can listen to samples of their songs on the site.

It's quite unique, I've never listening to a acapella group before, and to be honest I didn't notice they were acapella for a little while, as I listen to music a lot (basically if I'm on my PC I am listening to music) but I rarely pay a lot of attention to it. Very nice voices, and beautiful songs. My favorite by far is:

What did He do*

Anyone know of similar groups?

-Alen

*Only sample, goes for 30 seconds.

• Members

This is the type of singing they do in the little IFB churches in Western KY - sometimes with a piano or guitar accompaniment and sometimes not.

I recently heard a fellow named Chris Smith who is a One-Man Quartet - he sings all of the parts and it is quite amazing to see and hear him

• Members

This is one of our all time favorites, the Marshall Family:

http://www.johnmarshallfamily.com/

Especially the ones before the boys moved out, the songs have a fuller sound. They have a slightly bluegrass flavor to many but no drums or beats and they are very godly uplifting songs. Also they do have one recording all in acapella as well.

• Members

I've never heard of the one Alen posted but I've heard a lot about the Marshall family. Someday I'm gonna have to find someone who has a cd and listen to it. :)

Just go on their website and try the samples.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The Marshall family is one of the best godly family I ever listened to their singing and music instruments when they were kids and parents. Now kids are grown up. Few kids left to be with their parents to praise God. It was awesome spiritual singing family. I haven't hear them presently singing now. I am sure they are still good singing to praise the Lord. Glory to God. :godisgood:

Curtis :ears: with hearing aids