• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Size of your church

ltl

Size of your church  

1. 1. Size of your church

• 250 - 500
    • 500 - 1000
    • 1000+
    • 50 - 100
    • 100 - 250
    • 1-50

• Members

How big is your church?

I've noticed most of the time, when secular and church groups do their "weekly church attendance stats", they've left out us IFBs. (Which can also be a good thing).

All in all remember it's not the size that counts, it's the FAITHFULNESS of a local church that counts and will make God pleased.

• Members

We're very small. I'd say we run 20 to 30 normally.

It sounds like we were running around 200 twenty to thiry years ago. Some of the pastors since then decided to take the focus off of Jesus Christ and scared almost all of the church members away. Our current pastor has put the focus of the church back where it should be, squarely on the Lord. Now we are growing again, slowly but surely.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Pastors need to focus their sheep to know the doctrines of the Holy Bible before they can go to reach the lost souls and bring them to Christ then disciple and bring them to church to make the church grow. Just one by one or little by little. "Go and preach the gospel to every creature." :tip:
Before we moved from the east, we had about 2,000 attendants. now I heard is 5,000 attendants. Where we live is about 125 attendants. I pray for the church grow. It is depend on the pastors to motivate people to make the church grow.

Evan57 :ears: w/o hear

• Members

I think last count was around 650 on the rolls and like Kevin's church attendance is lower. I would estimate 250-300 active members. We are blessed to have a growing instead of declining attendance rate.

• Members

Honestly if I were the pastor, I will kick out a member who does not attend service for say, four or five times a row, without giving good reasons for doing so. Church discipline may also serve in its place.

Important church personnel (e.g. deacons, Sunday School teachers) who are unfaithful in attendance will have to be discharged from their positions as well.

Unfaithful members have no right to stay on the member list undisciplined.

It's sad to see so many professing Christians, even among IFB circles, who cannot even be faithful in one thing: Sunday service.

• Members

I'd hate to be in massive church, the smaller the better. Our church is starting to get bigger again, nearing an average of 200 members in attendance in the mornings. I think in a few years we may very well have 300-400 members. Though personally I prefer a church with about our size, you just become a face in the crowd otherwise.

-Alen

• Members

I use to think that the larger the size, the more better it would be. With the small churches i'ts more easier to familiarize yourself with some of the other members. With the large churches more people can come to know the Lord than with the small ones. Larger isn't always better, I guess.

• Members

I think at the last business meeting at church there were less than 10 members. There are some regulars that go every Sunday AM, and PM... as well as Wednesdays but are not members.

On average Sundays there are about 20 people at church, and thats if everyone goes that day!