• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Size of your church

ltl

Size of your church  

1. 1. Size of your church

• 250 - 500
    • 500 - 1000
    • 1000+
    • 50 - 100
    • 100 - 250
    • 1-50

• Members

The growing church to become bigger church does not always slipping to become an apostasy church but it can happen. To prevent slipping is to pray :pray and stay focus with God with right doctrine and teaching & discipleship and singing to give glory to God. :highfive: This should not slip to apostasy. :godisgood:

Evan57 :ears: w/o hear

• Members

The bible makes it quite clear that apostasy and erroneous doctrines will be prevalent in the last days (2 Cor. 3:1-5, 12-14; 2 Thess. 2:1-3; 1 Tim. 4:1-3; 2 Tim. 3:13; 4:3,4). Repudation of the faith is now common today in the church more than ever. That's a sad fact, but it's true. Some professing "Christians" don't take the time to "stay focus with God with right doctrine and teaching & discipleship and singing to give glory to God" as you say. Most people in church these days come as a saint on Sundays and sin like the devil the rest of the week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We run close to 20 a week. We had a lady join our church last sunday and have some very faithful visitors. When the lady joined our church she was the first in about 2 or 3 years. We used to run closer to 50 or sixty but yeah I won't go there.

• Members

My Church has 1.2 billion members from every country.

This question refers to how many members are in your local congregation - not how many members are in your entire denomination.

As a rescued Roman Catholic, I think I can say with some measure of confidence that your statistics actually refer to the number of people throughout the world who have been led astray and prevented from recieving the true gospel of Christ.

• Members

I imagine that number probably counts everybody who's been sprinkled as a baby and nothing more, and may not be representative of all who would consider themselves Catholics...Although, either way, the number is probably huge.

• Administrators

The church I attend is definitely a large church. Sometimes when visitors come, they comment with wide eyes about how large a church it is. We have been members here for 18 years, and I can honestly say that it doesn't feel like a large church, because we know everybody.

• Members

The church I attend is definitely a large church. Sometimes when visitors come, they comment with wide eyes about how large a church it is. We have been members here for 18 years, and I can honestly say that it doesn't feel like a large church, because we know everybody.

How big is it if I may ask?

What was the size 18 years ago when you started going there?

Its easier to grow with the church, but for someone joining an already large church it can be a bit overwhelming.

• Administrators

How big is it if I may ask?

What was the size 18 years ago when you started going there?

Its easier to grow with the church, but for someone joining an already large church it can be a bit overwhelming.

Actually, the church is about the same size. We have a college, so families that come for the college (which we did), finish their education and move on (which we didn't :smile ). Also, as in every church, there are times when people leave because they don't like the preaching, the standards, or maybe even the rules in the school. I really don't know numbers, but it's on the plus side of 1,000. I agree that it's easier to grow with a small church into a big church, but this one has been big since we've been here. I remember when my mom visited us the first time, she said she liked her little church a lot better. :smile I understood. That is one of the reasons (besides it being the right thing to do! :wink ) that I try to be really friendly to visitors.

• Administrators

How long did it take to "feel" like you knew everyone?

Well, don't think I can put a time frame on it, but it wasn't very long! We were very warmly welcomed, and we got involved in ministries right away. Our Sunday evening service ends early (starts early, too), so people invite others over for dinner. We were invited over, got to know people, and it just kinda happened! :smile My husband was in college, so he got to know the students, and we would invite them over (at the time there were a number of married students as well), etc.