• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obama's stimulus plan!

• Members

One thing for sure, the democrats are sure happy right now, they're always happy when they're spending money, seems they think just like all of those people who bought more house than they could pay for and are now facing foreclosures because they can't make their payments. With their big spending spree they will have to raised everyone's taxes.

• Members

I love how he harped on out of control spending only days after he signed the largest spending bill, then to hear the House passed another 410 Billion spending bill today!!! Talk about forked tongue! All I can do is laugh--otherwise I would cry.

Our nation has thrown God out. Now we have Obama.

• Members
One thing for sure' date=' the democrats are sure happy right now, they're always happy when they're spending money, seems they think just like all of those people who bought more house than they could pay for and are now facing foreclosures because they can't make their payments. With their big spending spree they will have to raised everyone's taxes.[/quote']

Yes, they love spending OTHER peoples money! Ann Coulter, in her newest book, sited some great facts showing just how little liberal Dems give to charity. While they cry about the needs of the poor and how the rich should be taxed so the government can help the poor, Dems give a very, very tiny percentage of their own money to any form of charity.

• Members

:Green

Somebody here thought it was a good choice, everyone else thought it wasn't. I'm with the latter group - too expensive, too extensive, too big government for my tastes. Too much pork and not enough programs that would actually create jobs. That thing is going to do far more harm than good.

Guest Guest

In my memory, I keep hearing him say "We are going to abolish earmarks". Wasn't the last count of earmarks in this stimulus package upwards of 9,000?

• Administrators

This doesn't necessarily pertain to the stimulus bill, but has anyone heard about all the partying going on at the White House? Is it true that they are paying $100 per pound of meat? Hmmm - that sure would help the ranchers, but I don't like it being done on the taxpayer's dime!

Vir - yes, that stimulus bill is LOADED with earmarks!!! And now BO is going to cut waste! :lol::lol::lol::lol: ROFLMHO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

BO is making excuses for not keeping many of his primises.

BO promised to do away with lobbyists and former lobbyists holding key government positions and then named several to key positions saying that thes people were just too important to pass over.

BO promised to put an end to earmarks but refuses to come down against the 9,000 earmarks in the current bill. BO claims that since this bill was begun before he took over it doesn't count! :roll Sounds like an excuse a third grader might use.

BO promised to go line by line through every bill and refuse to sign them if any pork he found wasn't removed. Now he says he's in too big of a hurry to bother with that.

BO promised to put spending bills online for at least 10 days before they would be voted on so everyone could have a chance to read them and comment. He now says there just isn't time for that right now because what he's doing is just too important.