• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Favourite meat?

ltl

Favorite meat?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Favorite meat?

• Other Seafood
    • Lamb
    • Chicken
    • Fish
    • Beef
    • Pork

• Members

I voted for beef. I would have voted chicken if we still had yard birds like we had when I was growing up.

I remember we use to have chicken killing day ever few months, had a old iron wash pot in the back yard, dad would build a fire under it, get that water hot, them the work would begin.

Fired chicken was just great back them, chicken gravy to pour over home made rolls.

Chickens don't taste the same now days.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree to a point.

Here in Lancaster, PA we have two vendors that sell grass-fed chickens, all butchered up and ready for the cook-pot. These birds get lots of running during their life, which is noticed in the absence of those obnoxious, yellow fat globules found in commercial poultry. Not only that, but these grass-fed fowl do not have their necks injected with growth hormones. They even taste better. :clap::clap: :clap:

• Members

Fish first than Pork. Panfish, Yellow Perch, Walleye, Northern Pike, King Salmon, and Smelt are my top fish to eat. Besides the usually but still good ways to fix pork, one way I like that most here havnt had it is Side Pork. It is similar to bacon and we always just pan fry it.

"The side pork is the section of the side/belly that is left after the spareribs are removed. It produces side pork, bacon and salt pork. Side pork is not cured or smoked, bacon is both cured and smoked, and salt pork is cured but sold fresh. All are available in a bulk slab or pre-sliced. The cuts from the side pork are generally pan-fried or broiled but can also be roasted in the oven, cooked in the microwave or simmered in water."
http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowled ... =31&id=158

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
[quote="Tim"]no catfish :smack: :shock: Tim likes catfish :drool :lol:
[/quote]

I just noticed this post. When did Tim start referring to himself in the 3rd person? :lol:[/quote]

I think Tim has been having some mental problems lately. Not sure, just my observations from my sociology and psychology studies...

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
Tim wrote:
no catfish Tim likes catfish

I just noticed this post. When did Tim start referring to himself in the 3rd person?
[/quote]

Since I started using this smilie :drool :lol:

[quote="Madeline"]
You do realize that Tim is literally twice the man you are right kevin?
[/quote]

[quote="Kevin"]
I [b]don't think mentally [/b]though.... :cool:
[/quote]

Really then how do you think Kevin :? :| I think you just proved Madeline's point :lol: