• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When Do You File and How?

When and How Do You File Your Taxes?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. When and How Do You File Your Taxes?

• April 15th
    • I file an extension
    • I do not file
    • March
    • Whenever I get around to it within the deadline
    • ASAP
    • February

• Members

Yes it is extremely easy when you are single or simply have a W-2 to think about. However when you own your own business and have 4 kids - it is nice to find all the little deductions. :mrgreen:

It is for that reason that I began using a tax accountant way back when I first began my business. That person found more things than I could even think of. The allowable deductions she found paid for her fee more than ten times over, and she wasn't cheap by any means. :D

• Members

PE, I am hoping this will work out for me as well. I have a family full of accountants, and my BIL has his own relatively large firm (he has a few clients in Lancaster, IIRC). He will be doing ours this year. We bought a house and started a small company, so while I think I know most of the deductions, I will trust him to find all of them :wink: .

• Members

At the very last minute - I chose April 15th - I always have to pay in so this way they won't get their money until the last possible minute.

The IRS doesn't EVER pay interest, they just charge it. And taxes coming due in April is really convienent for them, any general election is as far away as possible.