• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sadness again

• Members

It hit again, Linda's mother, Tot Watts, died late this morning, so we have another family member gone so soon after her twin Glenda, died Sunday January 28 and her funeral on Thursday February 1. But God will hold us up.

Her obituary should be listed here sometime tomorrow.
http://www.latimerfuneralhome.com/obitu ... 3c4648953b

This I need to say, she made sure her children grew up knowing about our Father in heaven and the wonderful gift He offers everyone thru Christ our Savior.

• Members

We all got thru it, but it sure was hard to stand and speak of my mother-in-law without crying, I had to stop several times to collect myself.

All of your kind thoughts and prayers have been much appreciated, for I know the many prayers said help each of us get thru the past few weeks.

All of our family knows that God has blessed us much more that we ever deserved, and we are proud that God did share these lost loved ones of our with us.

And between Glenda's death and her mothers death I understand my youngest grandson has been saved. I had talked to him some time back about this, but at the time he just did not seem quite ready, but it seems with these happenings he finally understood the true need of Jesus.

So now both of my grandson are saved and have the promise, that's encouraging, and it has helped our family deal with these loses we have had.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear of this Jerry. We had three deaths in the family all within a few months so I know how difficult this is.

It's a blessing to hear about your grandson and especially to know that both of them are saved.

While it's tough for us here, those who have graduated to heaven are now much blessed.

Praying for you and your family...

• Members

On Wednesday my 1st cousin had to be taken by ambulance to Texarkana, he is about 67, he has a case of flu, which has turned into pneumonia.

He is presently in ICU on a respirator, they've got him knocked out because he kept trying to get the tubes out of his mouth.

I went to see him last night, finally they think he will recover, but looks like its going to be a long battle. Said they would start weaning him off the respirator today, and start brining him to in another day or so and see how he does.

He had prostate cancer last year, as far as I know everything is alright with that, but he is one who will not tell you very much, kind of a loner.

Today Linda visited with her dad, he seems to be holding up fairly well.

I appreciate your caring and your prayers.

And yes, God will carry us thru such things if we will let Him, how could we ever get thru life without Him?