• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Outreach Rabbi Singer to Challenge Missionary Aggression

• Members

We need to pray for this Rabbi that the Lord opens his eyes and gives him the understanding of the gospel and the salvation of Jesus Christ. Also to pray for the christian missionaries and for their protection.

Outreach Rabbi Singer to Challenge Missionary Aggression

by IsraelNN Staff

(IsraelNN.com) The Outreach Judaism organization has announced that it is launching an exhaustive four-part lecture series in Jerusalem to respond directly to missionaries who engage in Jewish evangelism. The campaign is in an effort to combat a disturbing assault by fundamentalist Christians who target Jews for conversion.

Outreach Judaism is an international organization dedicated to countering the efforts of fundamentalist groups and cults who specifically target Jews for conversion.

The series entitled Judaism?s Response to Christian Missionaries will be the first course run in Jerusalem by Outreach Judaism founder and director Rabbi Tovia Singer, who moved to Israel last year from the United States.

Rabbi Singer addresses more than 200 audiences a year, lecturing on college campuses and synagogues around the world. He is also the author of the book and accompanying audiotape series entitled Let?s Get Biblical.

In the current series, Rabbi Singer, a world-renowned expert on Jewish evangelism, said he will respond to fundamentalist Christian groups who try to lure vulnerable Jews into their ranks, by exploring the "dark history" of the groups. He intends to expose the aggressive techniques used by organizations like Jews for Jesus that spend millions of dollars annually to ?bring the message of the Gospel to the Jewish people.?

Rabbi Singer said he will also demonstrate how missionaries twist the Jewish scriptures in order to make the sacred Hebrew texts appear as though they are speaking about Jesus.

?Jews for Jesus and other well-funded missionary organizations have launched a deceptive campaign to convert the most vulnerable segments of our community to their extremist brand of Christianity,? said Singer, who also hosts his own talk show on Israel National Radio.

?In their unrelenting spiritual assault on Jewish communities worldwide, these aggressive organizations, backed by major evangelical churches worldwide, deliberately blur the distinctions between Judaism and Christianity in order to lure susceptible Jews who would otherwise resist a straightforward Christian message,? he added.

The dynamic and informative series is slated to be held on Sunday evenings, 7:30 ? 9:30 pm, March 1-22, at the OU Center on 22 Keren Hayesod, Jerusalem. There is no admission charge for this program, and Christians are welcome to attend.

For more information, call Marjorie Solomon on 0546 923 253 or email series@tikshoret.info.

• Administrators

I wonder if Zvi will be there. Anyone heard of him? He was a boy in Poland during the Holocaust. He lost his family, but he managed to survive (actually, God kept him alive) and was able to get to Israel. He got saved, and ever since then he has witnessed to the Jews there. He contributes an article to Israel My Glory, the Friends of Israel magazine. It is fascinating to read how he deals with the Orthodox. And they listen to him! I'd like to hear him talk with this fellow!

• Members
I wonder if Zvi will be there. Anyone heard of him? He was a boy in Poland during the Holocaust. He lost his family' date=' but he managed to survive (actually, God kept him alive) and was able to get to Israel. He got saved, and ever since then he has witnessed to the Jews there. He contributes an article to Israel My Glory, the Friends of Israel magazine. It is fascinating to read how he deals with the Orthodox. And they listen to him! I'd like to hear him talk with this fellow![/quote']

So would I. These are God's chosen people whether they obey now or not is not the issue. We need to pray for them. We are told to do so. And pray that any missionaries over there are protected. That man that wrote "It is well with my soul" went to Jerusalem after he and his wife lost their children to be witnesses. I know churches that have missionaries over their now. I always questioned how they could deny Jesus Christ when He walked with them and talked with them. Then I ask myself, how could I have denied Him for so long when He wanted to walk with me and talk with me for so long. God will protect them at some time and whoever is not with them is against them.