• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Simplicity of Ice Cream

IM4given

• Members

Butter Brickle

Butter Brickle was the registered trademark of a toffee ice cream flavoring and of a toffee-centered chocolate-covered candy bar similar to the Heath bar. The flavoring and the candy bar were produced by the Sioux Falls, South Dakota company, Fenn Bros. Ice Cream and Candy Co., until the company was liquidated in the 1970s, when the trademark and formula were sold to the makers of the Heath bar. A remnant of the name remains in "Heath Bits 'o Brickle Toffee Bits," sold by The Hershey Company, which acquired the Heath assets in 1996. Butter Brickle ice-cream is now being sold by at least a couple of ice-cream makers with the name Butter Brickle being used under license.

In Comedy This confectionary became well know on an appearance on Ali G, and then an Ali G parody on The Simpsons. This parody can be viewed on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_MEFJGNiI

Brickle tastes really good if one bakes with chocolate chip cookies.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ahem: :uuhm:

Rocky Road is an ice cream flavor, second only to vanilla in popularity in the United States. Though there are variations on the flavor, it is traditionally composed of chocolate ice cream, nuts and marshmallows. The flavor is claimed to have been created in 1929 by William Dreyer when he cut up walnuts and marshmallows with his wife's sewing scissors and added them to his chocolate ice cream during the Great Depression. The company claims it was then so named "to give folks something to smile about in the midst of the Great Depression." Another host says the flavors were created by a Milton Epstein while owning an ice cream toppings factory. [1] Alternately, Fenton's Creamery in Oakland, California, claims that William Dreyer based his recipe on a Rocky Road ice cream invented by his friend, Fenton's George Farren, who blended his Rocky Road candy bar into ice cream; however Dreyer substituted almonds for walnuts.[2]

• Members

When I was growing up, the only flavors of ice cream we had to choose from was chocolate or vanilla. It was rather easy to make a choice, my sister always pciked the vanilla ice cream and I always picked chocolate ice cream.

Nowadays though, there are all sorts of flavors of ice cream one can pick from. What flavors do the members of OB like the best?

chocolate :hungry:

• Members

Breyers Cookies and Cream is the best flavor ever, hands down. You guys really should better study your tongues, you really have a twisted interpretation of ice cream flavors. :cool

It is typically a flavor infused into desserts using crushed chocolate cookies sandwiching a white cream filling. The flavor was revolutionized by the invention of the Oreo cookie, a kind of cookie sandwich with a sweet white cream filling commonly used in milkshakes and other frozen desserts such as Blizzards, pies, etc.

There is some debate as to who first invented and marketed Cookies

• Members

Breyers Cookies and Cream is the best flavor ever, hands down. You guys really should better study your tongues, you really have a twisted interpretation of ice cream flavors. :cool

You know I don't believe in tongues! But my taste buds tell me that Rocky Road is the absolute best! You have chocolate, you have nuts, and you have marshmallows - what more could you ask for? Rocky Road is by far the BEST ice cream ever invented!

BTW, the only thing better than a bowl of Rocky Road is a double scoop of Rocky Road in a Waffle Cone!

• Members

You know I don't believe in tongues! But my taste buds tell me that Rocky Road is the absolute best! You have chocolate, you have nuts, and you have marshmallows - what more could you ask for? Rocky Road is by far the BEST ice cream ever invented!

BTW, the only thing better than a bowl of Rocky Road is a double scoop of Rocky Road in a Waffle Cone!

Vanilla ice cream and oreos. Vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavor in the country, add oreos to that and you have a hit. You simply can't argue the validity of cookies n' cream ice cream. It just doesn't get any better. Not only that, but it is accepted by all mainstream ice cream makers further proving my point. People just love it.

• Members

Actually, I learned about all this from my years of attending and working at university in and near Chicago.

There are a large number of blacks who think almost entirely along the lines of color. To them, if someone has a vanilla ice cream, it's because they are racist and think white is always better. However, if a white has chocolate ice cream, it means they really wish they were black!

Of course, their "logic" extends beyond ice cream. If whites wear black or drive a black car or if a white woman puts some curl in her hair, all of these are signs they wanna be black.

Now, if they see a black with vanilla ice cream they think he's trying to be white!

Anyway, since I'm standing by Butter Brickle I can avoid the bulk of the racist trap!

Of course, one of my black university associates would have said, "If you're black get back. If you're brown be down. If you're white you're alright." He was rather racist minded so it's a wonder we got along so well! Maybe it's because we never had ice cream together! :lol:

• Members

Kevin, are you taking a stand for Vanilla Ice Cream, or are you taking a stand for Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? I really do not understand the points you are making - you seem to be quite double minded about your statements. I like Vanilla and I like Oreos, but not necessarily should they be blended together in the same box.

John, how on earth can you say that Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream are racist Ice Cream? Maybe Watermelon Ice Cream might be considered racist, but not Vanilla and Chocolate! What kind of Ice Cream is Butter Brickle supposed to be anyways? If an Oriental person ate some BUtter Brickle, would that person be considered racist for eating Butter Brickle? Shouldn't everyone who lives in the USA eat what ever Ice Cream they choose without being considered racist for choosing one flavor over another?

We have already talked about Liberal Ice Cream manufacturers and Conservative Ice Cream manufacturers - are we now going to bring in race as an Ice Cream issue too?

Give me good old Rocky Road Ice Cream - I will take that flavor bar none, no doubt about it.

• Members

Kevin, are you taking a stand for Vanilla Ice Cream, or are you taking a stand for Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? I really do not understand the points you are making - you seem to be quite double minded about your statements. I like Vanilla and I like Oreos, but not necessarily should they be blended together in the same box.

I am not double-minded. I am taking a stand for cookies and cream but a key part of cookies in cream is the vanilla ice cream. Therefore, I think it relevant to discuss it. It is when you take the vanilla, good in and of itself, and the oreos, also good in and of itself, and blend them together to get the perfect ice cream flavor.

John, how on earth can you say that Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream are racist Ice Cream? Maybe Watermelon Ice Cream might be considered racist, but not Vanilla and Chocolate! What kind of Ice Cream is Butter Brickle supposed to be anyways? If an Oriental person ate some BUtter Brickle, would that person be considered racist for eating Butter Brickle? Shouldn't everyone who lives in the USA eat what ever Ice Cream they choose without being considered racist for choosing one flavor over another?

I find this offensive. You know my Korean sympathies, how could you compare Butter Brickle to Orientals? I hope John has a good explanation for this. :hmm

We have already talked about Liberal Ice Cream manufacturers and Conservative Ice Cream manufacturers - are we now going to bring in race as an Ice Cream issue too?

I believe it was you and John who played the race card.

Give me good old Rocky Road Ice Cream - I will take that flavor bar none, no doubt about it.

How narrowminded. :shootme:

• Members

I am telling you, Rocky Road is the only way to go! Especially if it is a good quality chocolate ice cream like Breyers, and it has the marshmallows in just the right creamy gooey portion, and the nuts chopped nice and fine.

I did not mean to drag anyone from Korea into the discussion, I was just saying if someone from Korea ate a particular flavor of Ice Cream, like Butter Brickle, or whatever, would that flavor be associated with Asians from that point on? That was the only point I was trying to make. Who says that only black people eat chocolate ice cream, or that someone who eats chocolate ice cream does so because they wish they were black? Or that vanilla ice cream is reserved only for white people or people who wish they were white? That is just pure nonsense in my opinion.

Kevin, you still did not answer my question - are you advocating for Vanilla Ice Cream, or for Cookies and Cream?