• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

King James Onlyism: A New Sect

• Members

Has anyone read this book?

King James Onlyism: A New Sect by James D Price

I'm encountering those who are KJB-preferred and KJB-also who say this book destroys the reasoning used to support being KJB only.

I read a review of the book and it's supposed to be written in a kindly manner and thoroughly researched and thoroughly biblical.

My main question is: Is there a thorough response to what this book says?

The book is over 600 pages long and costs about 40 dollars. I don't have the time or money to invest in this book right now so I am hoping someone else has read it or knows where more information in this area can be found.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brandplucked (Will Kinney) and some of his Forum friends (ie. KJV Forums) have written some excellent articles refuting Price's junk, though I am unsure what the names of those articles are. http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/articles.html

Perhaps you could pm him and see if he has any specific ones written in regards to this book.

• Members

If it's anything like what I have read of Doctor Price in the past, I would say it is more than likely simply more rehashed but extrapolated naturalistic criticism.

God bless,

Calvary

PS

I wouldn't throw away 40 bucks on Price, I'd send a box of real Bibles through Bible senders and then my money might actaully have some eternal benefits.

• Members

Brandplucked (Will Kinney) and some of his Forum friends (ie. KJV Forums) have written some excellent articles refuting Price's junk, though I am unsure what the names of those articles are. http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/articles.html

Perhaps you could pm him and see if he has any specific ones written in regards to this book.

Thanks Jerry!!
If anybody wants Brandplucked's (Will Kinney's) article on James D. Price's book King James Onlyism: A New Sect, I found it:

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/heretick.html

Will has a ton of excellent articles on KJV defense on the site that Jerry posted.

NOTE: that link is not a link to James D. Price--but it is an article about heretics---it's good, but not the one I was looking for---will continue to look. Sorry about that.

• Members

n Luke 8:29, the same thing occurs in the KJB, NKJV, NIV, and NASB.

• Members

Hi Jerry. I've been busy with teaching Spanish at the school where I work and just noticed this thread about Mr. Price's book. I too really hated to spend all that money on some guy's book who denies the existence of an inspired and complete Bible, but I finally broke down and ordered it. I will probably receive it this next week. Lord willing, I plan on working my way through it in the little spare time I have while school classes are going on. Then I hope to write a critique of his book. He is much like Rick Norris in his thinking. He is an "only the originals" type of guy and has no inspired and infallible Bible now in any language.

Anyway, I need to actually read the book first and find out what his points are and hopefully be able to refute them in a reasonable and Scriptural manner. It will take me awhile, but I will let you all know if and when I come up with something in written form about it.

Kept by the power of God,

Will

• Members

I just got done wading through Mr. Price's article and he clearly does not have nor believe in an inspired, preserved and 100% true Bible in any language. Here is his Conclusion:

Conclusion

"Hills confidently affirmed that the text found in the majority of the Greek manuscripts was a

• Members

He is mis-quoting Hills in the first place. Evidently Price didn't care for the conclusions that Doctor Hills was making, because in the light of the entire paragraph on page 34 of Believing Bible Study, Hills makes it clear that the "trustworthy" reproduction was given as the Holy Spirit guided his people to reject the "untrustworthy" copies by not reading them, not using them and in time laying aside as corrupt mss.

The entire point made by Hills is in fact opposite of the point Price is trying to make. The critical text cannot be found as trustworthy due to its inability to conform to the "originals". Hills goes a long way to substantiate the fact that the critical text is found to contain far too many heretical readings that must be rejected by Bible believers as unreliable.

Although Hills was no KJB onlyist, his work has been substantial in proving that the only text in English that can even remotely qualify as the recieved text for us today is the KJB.

God bless,

Calvary