• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Security

Guest Guest

• Members

The passage is stating that a person can become legalistic and be living by law rather than by grace. It is not talking about losing one's salvation.

Jerry, I take your answer to confirm that you believe that one can be seperated from grace and still be saved even though we are saved by grace.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Bible nowhere teaches that a true believer can fall from salvation - but from grace. A believer is to be saved by grace, then live by grace. Galatians was written to show where some believers had stopped living by grace - it has nothing to do with them losing salvation, but was written to bring them back on track, and to live by God's power and leading of the Holy Spirit, not by their own keeping of the Law (or by any man-made laws).

• Members

The Bible nowhere teaches that a true believer can fall from salvation - but from grace. A believer is to be saved by grace, then live by grace. Galatians was written to show where some believers had stopped living by grace - it has nothing to do with them losing salvation, but was written to bring them back on track, and to live by God's power and leading of the Holy Spirit, not by their own keeping of the Law (or by any man-made laws).

So, a person is saved by grace (Eph 2:8-10) and must live by grace but even if they fall from (are seperated from) grace, they are still saved? Come on Jerry, you have to see that that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

The Bible does not teach that we are saved by grace only, nor faith only nor anything else only. It does teach us many things that we are saved by including grace, faith, the blood of Christ, baptism etc.

Since I have been warned that providing scripture will not be allowed on this site; I suppose this will be my last post.

It has been nice being here. I have been treated kindly by some on here and had others treat me hatefully. I hope that everyone here will look at what the word of God says and that all will OBey the truth.

In Christ,

ROBert

• Members

No one has treated you with hate, and no one OBjected to presenting Scripture. What we have a prOBlem with is your false doctrine of teaching works and baptism is necessary to be saved or to keep your salvation.

• Administrators
Since I have been warned that providing scripture will not be allowed on this site; I suppose this will be my last post.

The warning was failing to OBey board rules that you agreed to follow when you joined. Unless you consider this site to be Scripture, your statement is completely false.