• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Contemporary Music

Guest Guest

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Try this book:
Why I left the Contemporary Christian Music Movement
by Dan Lucarini
http://www.schneiderpipeorgans.com/CCM.shtml

Excellent book. I have that one. I heard him speak at the conference where I first decided to give up rock music. :thumb

Personally, I like this one even better. Best one I've seen so far.
http://www.amazon.com/How-conquer-addiction-rock-music/dp/0916888169/ref=sr_1_10/104-5366443-9846324?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175829269&sr=1-10

http://www.thealertstore.com/bsku/a691060a

It's cheap enough. :smile

• Members

I think we could be a little kinder and more helpful to the new folks who come through here.

To some of us various topics may be "old news" or something we have seen covered many times. For new folks, they may have sincere questions and really need the benefit of some of our input.

We need to temper our responses with grace and patience.

• Members

There is no reason any discussion among Christians should have to become "heated". We are not to allow our emotions to rule over us but rather to allow Christ to have Lordship over them. If we can't respond in the love of Christ, we should not respond.

All too often new folks receive replies to questions that carry the wrong attitude for a Christian to be displaying when another Christian asks a question.

• Members

There is no reason any discussion among Christians should have to become "heated". We are not to allow our emotions to rule over us but rather to allow Christ to have Lordship over them. If we can't respond in the love of Christ, we should not respond.

All too often new folks receive replies to questions that carry the wrong attitude for a Christian to be displaying when another Christian asks a question.

Very true. Unfortunately we're all sinners saved by grace. :wink

• Members

That's true Kevin, each and every one of us here are sinners and for those of us saved by grace we must continually grow in Christ and allow Christ to shine forth through us in our words and deeds.

Part of the fellowship here is to help one another grow in Christ; that's true for those newly saved and for those who have been in Christ for decades. We are never so mature in Christ that we can't learn more and grow in grace.

I'm thankful for what I've learned from my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ here. I'm thankful for hearing my already held beliefs articulated in new ways that have granted me new insight or deeper understanding. I'm thankful for the ability to share, learn, fellowship, enjoy friendship, and be among my family in Christ.

• Members

Some folks think this is too hot of a topic and try to avoid it.

In this forum there are those who say CCM is 100% wrong. There are some who think a limited amount of CCM is okay. There are some who think CCM has it's good and bad like other forms of music.

There is no complete agreement among the members about this issue.

The "official" position of this forum is stated in the Forum Rules as:

"The staff at Online Baptist understands that music is a very sensitive topic, and that everyone has different opinions concerning what type of music is right. Because music is subjective we have decided to set a few rules for this forum. We will not allow any promotion of Rock/Christian Rock music or musicians; any post that we feel that meets that requirement will be removed without notice.
Because everyone has a different definition of CCM, we are not going to say that all CCM is wrong. It will be up to the Moderators judgment to decide if a post crosses the line. If you are in doubt, then please send a PM to a mod first."

Guest Guest

Some folks think this is too hot of a topic and try to avoid it.

In this forum there are those who say CCM is 100% wrong. There are some who think a limited amount of CCM is okay. There are some who think CCM has it's good and bad like other forms of music.

There is no complete agreement among the members about this issue.

The "official" position of this forum is stated in the Forum Rules as:

"The staff at Online Baptist understands that music is a very sensitive topic, and that everyone has different opinions concerning what type of music is right. Because music is subjective we have decided to set a few rules for this forum. We will not allow any promotion of Rock/Christian Rock music or musicians; any post that we feel that meets that requirement will be removed without notice.
Because everyone has a different definition of CCM, we are not going to say that all CCM is wrong. It will be up to the Moderators judgment to decide if a post crosses the line. If you are in doubt, then please send a PM to a mod first."

Ah okay. I guess I am of the opinion that it has its good and its bad just like other forms of music.