• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Perfect Bibles In Other Languages?

Guest Guest

Hi everyone. Are Bibles in other languages that are translated from the Textus Receptus perfect just like the KJV is or is the KJV the only perfect Bible in any language?

• Members

Hi everyone. Are Bibles in other languages that are translated from the Textus Receptus perfect just like the KJV is or is the KJV the only perfect Bible in any language?

All translations from the TR and Masoretic texts are good translations.

• Members

Most of the time, I believe there will probably be differences, just because Bible translation is such a daunting task. Even most English KJV's today have problems (e.g., Jeremiah 34:16, saying "he" instead of "ye"). Whatever language a Bible is in, it's important to seek out the book of the LORD, and read, as the Bible commands. To make a blanket statement doesn't prove anything, however. Other Bibles can be perfect, and are, if they are translated faithfully and without error--but that's an obvious statement. The question is, have they been translated from the right text, and translated without fault? That's where it gets tricky, and you'd really need to look into each translation in particular. For example, we have many Spanish versions that claim to be based on the Textus Receptus, but when looking at particular versions, various critical-text readings pop up and muddy the waters, and then there are weird translations, like using "pontifice" for what the KJV renders "high priest" (pope?), leaving out words once in a while, and so on.

It's not quite a simple issue...There may well be other Bibles we could say are perfect in every single word, but let's not assume anything without studying it out.

Guest Guest

Most of the time, I believe there will probably be differences, just because Bible translation is such a daunting task. Even most English KJV's today have problems (e.g., Jeremiah 34:16, saying "he" instead of "ye"). Whatever language a Bible is in, it's important to seek out the word of the LORD, and read, as the Bible commands. To make a blanket statement doesn't prove anything, however. Other Bibles can be perfect, and are, if they are translated faithfully and without error--but that's an obvious statement. The question is, have they been translated from the right text, and translated without fault? That's where it gets tricky, and you'd really need to look into each translation in particular. For example, we have many Spanish versions that claim to be based on the Textus Receptus, but when looking at particular versions, various critical-text readings pop up and muddy the waters, and then there are weird translations, like using "pontifice" for what the KJV renders "high priest" (pope?), leaving out words once in a while, and so on.

It's not quite a simple issue...There well may be other Bibles we could say are perfect in every single word, but let's not assume anything without studying it out.

Good point. Its also a well known fact (or maybe not so well known) that different KJV Bibles from different publishers have variances between them. It is important to look into these variances and try and get a Bible as close to what the actual KJV says as possible. Thankfully, these variances are generally minor. I bought my KJV off of my pastor and so I trust that it is a very good KJV.

• Members

Good post Samer! I agree that every translation must be investigated to determine whether it really is a faithful translation of the TR as is the KJB. We can't take for granted that all are, even those which claim to be. This reminds me of how the NKJB claims to be nothing more than an updated KJB but when one looks into the facts they find out that isn't true.

Guest Guest

I am honestly led to believe that the KJV is the only perfect Bible that exists. I mean, after all, the translators of the KJV were far superior to modern translators.

• Members

During the time of the scribes there was no other Bible outside of an Hebrew Bible.

Why would God do that?

Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Why did God choose only one nation?

Why would God give the OT in only one language?

It's not so far a stretch to believe that He might've done it again.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members

After he chose one nation, He sent his Son which showed that now He has chosen the whole world.

It is up to Christians to make sure the world has the Gospel (see "Great Commission") and that would logically include translation of the Scriptures.