• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Is The Best Publisher Of The King James Version?

• Members

I personally like the typeface lettering in the Thompson Chain bibles. For some reason it just feels easier to read...I just wish it had more study notes as opposed to just reference lists. My go to nine is the Hebrew-Greek Keyword Study bible in leather. It kind of a large Bible but I enjoy being able to see what specific words mean in the original language of scripture.

• Members
1 hour ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I personally like the typeface lettering in the Thompson Chain bibles. For some reason it just feels easier to read...I just wish it had more study notes as opposed to just reference lists. My go to nine is the Hebrew-Greek Keyword Study bible in leather. It kind of a large Bible but I enjoy being able to see what specific words mean in the original language of scripture.

Both the Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible and the HGKSB are great choices! I've got a 45 year old TCR Bible and I've put a lot of notes in it myself. The later publications of this Bible have been on my "wish list' for a long time. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 11/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, BrotherTony said:

Both the Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible and the HGKSB are great choices! I've got a 45 year old TCR Bible and I've put a lot of notes in it myself. The later publications of this Bible have been on my "wish list' for a long time. 

The HGKSB is not only a great study bible it also comes with a guarantee from manufacturing defects. AMG allows you to register your Bible purchase online and will replace it with a new one if you have problem beyond normal west and tear.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
10 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

The HGKSB is not only a great study bible it also comes with a guarantee from manufacturing defects. AMG allows you to register your Bible purchase online and will replace it with a new one if you have problem beyond normal west and tear.

That's amazing. I never knew this about them. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

That's amazing. I never knew this about them. 

Yeah when you purchase one there is an insert in the box about the guarantee and how to register your copy.

They are nice well made bibles though so they probably don't end up replacing many 

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
12 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I like the Scofield, but, I really like the Thompson Chain Reference.

Interesting, I haven’t heard of that one, I will look into it, thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Landmarkheritage

• Members
10 minutes ago, Landmarkheritage said:

Interesting, I haven’t heard of that one, I will look into it, thank you for the suggestion.

Any time. I've used mine for over 40 years...ever since I was a student at Maranatha Baptist Bible College, now MBU. I've got to get a new one!

• Members
51 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Does anyone know of or have an opinion about Barbour Publishers? I know they are one of the three that make a King James Study Bible like Thomas Nelson and Holman.

Most of the people I know who have purchased Bibles through them have had nothing but positive things to say about them. They're reasonably priced and are good at offering a smaller sized KJV study Bible with fewer to no references in the text/side notes. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Most of the people I know who have purchased Bibles through them have had nothing but positive things to say about them. They're reasonably priced and are good at offering a smaller sized KJV study Bible with fewer to no references in the text/side notes. 

Thanks Tony. I will probably order one then.