• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Is The Best Publisher Of The King James Version?

• Members

I have an Old Scofield bible and it's published by Oxford University Press. I pretty happy with it. It retains some of the older spellings of words and stuff, but I don't think they change anything either. So if you're concerned for having an "authentic" KJB, in my opinion, you wouldn't go wrong with Oxford UP.

• Members

A few of the many incorrect readings in many KJV editions:
Joshua 19:2 "Beer-sheba, and Sheba" (correct reading is "Beer-sheba, or Sheba")
2 Chronicles 33:19 "sins" (correct reading is "sin")
Jeremiah 34:16 "whom he" (correct reading is "whom ye")
These are how it reads in http://phpBible.org (my site, which is also used here) I'd not seen these before. I have them marked to change for the next version of phpBible.org. Thanks

• Members

Just to let you know, I have a KJV Large Print Compact Bible published by Holman bible publisher and I found on the last few pages of the bible (under the paragraph titled "Read the Bible Thoughout Your Life") that says "Once you have read the bible through, do it again - in a different translation or bible version."

I figure some of you might be interested in knowing that.

• Members

The MV publishers will do anything to promote their other translations, make a few more dollars, and sow a little more ecumenical heresy. Even when I wasn't KJVonly, I found I got the most from my Bible when I stuck with one Bible. Too many people flopping around from one to another, and they haven't mastered any of them. When I finally started researching the differences between Bible versions, I didn't even need my main version handy to know that there were differences. Those differences got my attention, and led me to become King James Bible only. The more differences I learn, the more I am glad I am clinging to my KJV!

• Members

At the moment, I am using a KKV Open Bible (Thomas Nelson Publishing)--the 1985 edition. I also own (this was my very first Bible after I got saved) the older (1974) KJV Open Bible (Thomas Nelson Publishing). The words in those verses Samer cited were changed in the newer (the Bible I am using at church) edition, but not in the older (1974) edition.

I also have a Defined KJB (Bible For Today)--I think I'm going to carry that one to church instead of that Open Bible. The changes are subtle, but they are there.

Thank you Samer--I appreciate the information.

• Members

I also like Bearing Presious Seed bibles. I am currently using a Thompson Chain by kirkbridge 1988 C. and I have not found any changes. I also have a KJV by Zondervan that is loaded with changes. My next bible will probably be a BPS bible. I have also notices that some of the bible programs such as E-Sword have KJV versions that differ in a few spots.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Its only going to get worse. We must enter the battle and keep fighting the good fight. :thumb

• 15 years later...
  • Members

Ricky Shaw,                                                                                              Some time has passed, on this thread, and thing's with typo's and other strange oddities persists, and in fact has gotten much worse, when it come's to accuracy,in finding, purchasing, and reading, some of these newer Bible's, and one of the reason's for this is some publisher's, even like Oxford, have subbed out to foreign, and even communist country's like Korea, and communist China,to print their bible's! One hundred percent fact, and yet, so very sad, but true, and the effort here, to bringing in, a one world religion,in the end time's, by slowly, & methodically, printing questioning material, a word here, and a phrase there, and with the hope's over time,few notice, and less complain! I nolonger have my old Scofield, published in the 70's or earlier, and how I wish I did still have it with me,however, I just bought a new one, and I noticed quite a few, and more than just a few verse's, word's, and phrases, that I didn't recognize, and are no longer the same! Copyright 1996, and printed and in Korea! I'm down, but not out, I'm disappointed, but I am fighting on! I am looking for the closest, most accurate Bible to the 1611 KJV, and to purchase it new! In the mean time, I'll make footnotes, and use the highlighter's, on questionable content, and research possible changes,& make the correction's, if any, and where needed! There's some that say, their old Bible's,have changed beyond typo's, and while yet in their possession for the entire time, and is happening supernaturally! Through a little more research, I have found a project underway,that list's the discrepancy 's, & the change's of the long list of scriptures in question, down through the year's, and most according, within the last few year's! The site is www.amos8.org and there's also a link with all the correction's on there, and bringing more inline, with the original translations, and the 1611 KJV! God Bless to all, in servitude to our Lord Jesus Christ!

• Members
14 hours ago, Ricky Shaw said:

Ricky Shaw,                                                                                              Some time has passed, on this thread, and thing's with typo's and other strange oddities persists, and in fact has gotten much worse, when it come's to accuracy,in finding, purchasing, and reading, some of these newer Bible's, and one of the reason's for this is some publisher's, even like Oxford, have subbed out to foreign, and even communist country's like Korea, and communist China,to print their bible's! One hundred percent fact, and yet, so very sad, but true, and the effort here, to bringing in, a one world religion,in the end time's, by slowly, & methodically, printing questioning material, a word here, and a phrase there, and with the hope's over time,few notice, and less complain! I nolonger have my old Scofield, published in the 70's or earlier, and how I wish I did still have it with me,however, I just bought a new one, and I noticed quite a few, and more than just a few verse's, word's, and phrases, that I didn't recognize, and are no longer the same! Copyright 1996, and printed and in Korea! I'm down, but not out, I'm disappointed, but I am fighting on! I am looking for the closest, most accurate Bible to the 1611 KJV, and to purchase it new! In the mean time, I'll make footnotes, and use the highlighter's, on questionable content, and research possible changes,& make the correction's, if any, and where needed! There's some that say, their old Bible's,have changed beyond typo's, and while yet in their possession for the entire time, and is happening supernaturally! Through a little more research, I have found a project underway,that list's the discrepancy 's, & the change's of the long list of scriptures in question, down through the year's, and most according, within the last few year's! The site is www.amos8.org and there's also a link with all the correction's on there, and bringing more inline, with the original translations, and the 1611 KJV! God Bless to all, in servitude to our Lord Jesus Christ!

Welcome to the forums. I'm going to make a suggestion, as it's usually customary for a new member to go into the forums and find the forum to introduce themselves. It helps us to get to know you better, and also allows us to welcome you. There are several good publishers of the KJV available. Many are "in house" (church printing ministries) who do this. I can't remember them off the top of my head at present...I haven't had enough coffee (go juice as my wife calls it) to be awake enough to recall things yet. I still have my Old Scofield, given to me in 1971, and also have a Cambridge and Thompson Chain Reference of the KJV. I need a new one and have been searching myself for one for my wife and myself. 

• Members

When it comes to the New Scofield, it has nothing to do with where it was printed, the New Scofield even when it came out was known that to have changes to the text of the KJV - regardless of version or where it was printed.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 7/21/2022 at 3:06 PM, Ricky Shaw said:

Vintage is the way to go, and you can usually find nice mostly unused editions around some old shops. I would lean towards Cambridge Bible's, they're well made and bound well, and they are accurate!

• Members

All these years later, I still have my leather-bound Defined King James Bible - but I think they are not making them anymore. I contacted The Bible For Today last year and they no longer had anymore copies in stock. They said they would contact me when they printed more up, but they never did. Mine is still in great condition. I have had to put some tape in the inside pages (ie. where two pages connect together) as it was slowly starting to wear out in several spots - but the masking tape stopped each spot from wearing out further.