• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chap Stick

How much do you like Chap Stick?  

1. 1. How much do you like Chap Stick?

• I have to have a chap stick of sorts everywhere I go
    • I have one I use for dry lips
    • I think I have one somewhere
    • I never buy the stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I absolutely love Burts Bees lip balm!

:thumb

Don't you love the way it smells and feels? One of the reasons I loved using Carmex was for the cooling effect it had on my lips. Well, when I tried Burt's Bees for the first time (it was on sale -- buy 1 get one free, so of course I bought 2 :lol ) I was amazed. My lips felt even cooler with Burt's Bees than with Carmex -- and that's sayin' somethin'! :lol: Plus I love the fact that all the ingredients are natural -- like coconut oil, peppermint oil, comfrey root extract and rosemary extract (to name half :wink ).

• Members

I've come close to buying it but it seems pricey. But if its that good....

Just wait for sales. :lol It does go on sale from time to time -- that's when I stock up. :wink The only thing I don't like is that, like Carmex, Burt's Bees contains no sunscreen. So when I'm out on the fishing pier for the whole day, I use something with SPF 15 or higher. But what I do like is that BB contains no warnings about applying it more than 3-4 times per day (look on the side of a stick of Chapstick and you'll see what I mean). I lose count of the number of times a day that I apply lip balm, so I don't want to use something with a warning not to apply it more than 3-4 times a day. :lol:

• Members

Wow, one of 4 who never buy the stuff.

I just fail to see the need for it, very seldom do my lips get chapped. And if they do, in a day or 2 they are back normal.

I suppose a lot of people spend a lot of time licking their lips and that causes their lips to get chapped and need chap stick.

• Members

I suppose a lot of people spend a lot of time licking their lips and that causes their lips to get chapped and need chap stick.

Not so much licking as rubbing. A lot of folks (myself included, I'll admit) tend to rub their lips together a lot after applying the lip balm (whatever brand it might be). After a while it just ends up completely disappearing, so they have to reapply it.

...a fact which I'm sure makes the makers of lip balm very happy. :lol:

• Members

My lips are always peeling or dry... and then I end up picking at them and making them worse... I don't know what I'd do without chap stick. One time I was stranded by myself with one of my children in the Denver airport...so I got a hotel and the first thing I did (seeing as I had no luggage) was to check out the gift shop and buy an overpriced Chap Stick. I didn't have clean clothes and the food places were closed but hey I had a Chap Stick. (That was a bad night.)