• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

David Crowder Band

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ARE they presenting the Gospel? Who would listen to the Gospel in that setting? (I assume when you say "main stream clubs" you are referring to bars, right?) I have found throughout the years that my witness is ineffective when the person is not in their right mind - whether drunk or stoned, or even mentally clouded.

• Members

I have found throughout the years that my witness is ineffective when the person is not in their right mind - whether drunk or stoned, or even mentally clouded.

I'm sure it also doesn't help when they can't hear your witness over the din of the "music" and other people talking (or shouting, trying to make themselves heard over the din of the "music" ).

On a completely different note, I miss the 80's. Aside from the music, people dressed so neatly back then compared to how they dress now (even if not necessarily modestly). We seem to be in the middle of a 70's "revival". If there's anything that absolutely shouldn't be revived, it's 70's fashion "ideals". :gross:

• Members

ARE they presenting the Gospel? Who would listen to the Gospel in that setting? (I assume when you say "main stream clubs" you are referring to bars, right?) I have found throughout the years that my witness is ineffective when the person is not in their right mind - whether drunk or stoned, or even mentally clouded.

From what I little know of clubs/bars is that clubs have live music on some nights (Fri-Sun) where as bars don't have. I don't know if they are giving a gospel presentation other than through their "music". I personally have not nor have the desire to listen to them.

• Members

When they are already living carnal worldly lives, it's only another step before they start playing in places like these. Though personally, these people don't look much like Christians to me.

crowderband2.jpg

I don't know...Third from the left kind of has that long-faced "Charles Finney" look to him...
Oh wait, Charles Finney wasn't a true Christian either.

Caaaarry on! :lol:

• Members

From what I little know of clubs/bars is that clubs have live music on some nights (Fri-Sun) where as bars don't have.

The similarity between clubs and bars, though, is that people go to both primarily to drink alcohol (and/or to "hook up" ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

When they are already living carnal worldly lives, it's only another step before they start playing in places like these. Though personally, these people don't look much like Christians to me.

crowderband2.jpg

"For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7b

Praise God that He looks at heart, not my clothes :smile

• Members

You ignored the first half of that verse. God is explaining that a person's countenance (bodily figure) or height is not what he's looking for in a king. It is not referring to the way dress or act.

We are commanded to be a new creature once we have accepted Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God may look at the heart, but we are to put on the "new man," which is a reflection of God. Would God get up to talk or sing in clothing or with a hairstyle that looks like what you would find in a night club's band? God may look at the heart, but how we dress and act is a reflection of our relationship (or lack of a relationship) with Him. Based on the look of this group, it certainly does not appear that their "old things have passed away."

• Members

God also says what is in the heart eventually comes out. Someone who comes across as sloppy and worldly and ungroomed (like the first picture) naturally shows that their heart is not the same as the ones in the second picture who look well dressed and conservative.

And trust me in music groups, money is not the issue so nobody start saying "what if so and so can't afford nice clothes" etc.

Guest Guest

Eh they look much better Janet! The David Crowder band not only looks worldly, but they look just plain old ugly.

Katy-Anne

• Members

Eh they look much better Janet! The David Crowder band not only looks worldly, but they look just plain old ugly.

Katy-Anne

Yeah. They look like they need a good shower. I could never figure out what was so attractive about men that look like they have bad breath and body odor. :puzzled:

I'm probably one of the only ones critical enough that during a movie when you have the western cowboy who has been riding the trail for two weeks meet the beautiful girl and they kiss and I'm thinking "Ewwwwwwww! He must smell AWFUL!" :lol: