• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

David Crowder Band

• Members

Apparently nowadays it's "vogue" to look like a homeless person. Perhaps they feel as though they're "identifying" with the homeless when they dress like that. :roll

I miss the eighties! :lol: People dressed so neatly back then! *sigh*

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Apparently nowadays it's "vogue" to look like a homeless person. Perhaps they feel as though they're "identifying" with the homeless when they dress like that. :roll

I miss the eighties! :lol: People dressed so neatly back then! *sigh*

I miss the '60s for the same reason. We dressed as neatly as we could to go to school. We even wore ties and dress shirts in senior high because it made us feel grown-up and responsible. :thumb Back in those days we worked hard to be on the honor roll and get good grades. We treated bad grammar and poor spelling as a very distasteful thing.

• Members

Well then, I guess since I don't own a suit and tie I'm not a good Christian. May the Lord have mercy on this poor soul when I stand before Him on that day and he takes me to task for not wearing the proper clothing. I guess I won't hear "Well done, thy good and faithful servant, " but instead will be taken to task for not having a suit.

• Administrators

Well then, I guess since I don't own a suit and tie I'm not a good Christian. May the Lord have mercy on this poor soul when I stand before Him on that day and he takes me to task for not wearing the proper clothing. I guess I won't hear "Well done, thy good and faithful servant, " but instead will be taken to task for not having a suit.

Um - I don't think it's so much the lack of suit and tie...rather it is the fact that they look downright scruffy. If someone came to my door to tell me about Christ and looked like that, I most likely wouldn't even open the door. If, however, they were clean and neat, even without a suit/tie, I would be more receptive. No sarcasm. :cool

• Members

Yeah. They look like they need a good shower.

I was thinking same thing. Those guys looked like they need to be hosed down in the backyard before they are let inside for a shower.

I am a very casual dresser, but I always want to look clean and neat. I prefer jeans, boots or sneakers, a t-shirt, Henley, denim or chamois, or maybe a polo. I wear nicer things to church of course but I don't wear a suit often. I am very hot natured and jackets make me perspire (sweat).

• Members

I was thinking same thing. Those guys looked like they need to be hosed down in the backyard before they are let inside for a shower.

I am a very casual dresser, but I always want to look clean and neat. I prefer jeans, boots or sneakers, a t-shirt, Henley, denim or chamois, or maybe a polo. I wear nicer things to church of course but I don't wear a suit often. I am very hot natured and jackets make me perspire (sweat).

Me to, Tim. :thumb

Ladies glow, yuppies perspire, but I just flat out sweat. :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I heard on the radio this morning that the David Crowder Band ("Christian") is playing in main stream clubs this year. How low can supposively Christian bands go to present the gospel.

((Before I post, I want to make it clear that I'm neither condoning nor condemning it. I don't know enough about it to say either way.))

Well, there are two questions to ask.

The first is, are they going there to present the Gospel or to entertain?

The second is, what are the details surrounding their going?

Are they going to be a part of the club scene? Or have the just rented the club out like a revival preacher might rent an auditorium or basketball arena.

• Members

The similarity between clubs and bars, though, is that people go to both primarily to drink alcohol (and/or to "hook up" ).

Not necessarily. You'd really be surprised. There are a couple of places where I used to live where people go to listen to live music or watch sports.

There's even one local bar where folks go just to play trivia. I know most of the people who go to play trivia because I used to go with them and I can tell you first hand that most of them don't drink at all.

Not condoning it, just telling you that it's out there.

• Members

[quote="Bro_Sam

Are they going to be a part of the club scene? Or have the just rented the club out like a revival preacher might rent an auditorium or basketball arena.

• Members

[quote="Bro_Sam

Q. 1. Their main goal is to entertain.

Q. 2. It is being advertised as playing at a club. It was not advertised as renting out the club for a christian night.

• Members

Can you honestly say that they even remotely look Christian? :huh:

They look sloppy and unkempt, like they didn't have a man around to show them how to dress when they were growing up, that's for sure, but that isn't the same as "not looking Christian".

I can't go by how somebody looks. That's a pretty shallow criteria.

Let me hear their testimony and talk to those who know them personally, and I'll be better able to answer that question.