• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You have a BBQ, and do you use it?

• Members

Hi Everybody, :lol

Here we have a thread to tell about outdoor cooking (i.e. BBQ-ing). I'm going to lump all outdoor chef operations in this one category.

My unit is a four-tier device that can be used as a smoker, BBQ-er, roaster, grill and steamer. It is char-coal fired.

The two bottom tiers are for the charcoal fire and the pan of water with wood chunks in. The top two tiers are for the food. This thing with its multi-tiers will actually cook a whole meal all at the same time. :cooldude:

• Members

Yeah I got potatoes, onions, and some yellow and green squash to make foil packets to grill. Mix in lots of butter and salt and pepper and a bit of garlic and grill with the meat....oh yummy! I meant to get carrots too but forgot....

• Members

We have a BBQ. It's nothing fancy, just a round charcoal grill. On sunny weekends we'll get a "mess o' meat", marinate it in a variety of herbs & spices (dry rubs usually), and barbecue it. For variety we'll do some pieces in an Asian-inspired dry rub, some in a classic American bbq dry rub, and some in a Southwestern fajita-style dry rub. We usually don't have to cook meat again until the following weekend, just fix different side dishes and salad. When we're down at the ranch, Robin can barbecue even when it's raining -- on the covered patio. :lol He's even done that on our front porch when it rained (he can do that as long as the rain is coming down straight). That's how much we love to BBQ. :hungry:

• Members

I plan to do a lot more of it this year. I have a smoker, a large charcoal grill, and a small, apartment-size grill (it's just me and the wife now). Got some new ideas for the smoker, and I'm working on my own North Carolina vinegar-based pork BBQ sauce. Gotta love it! :thumb

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

BBQ'ing is a major part of our cooking, especially in the summer when it's to hot to cook indoors. We hunt alot of our game and we really enjoy the venison BBQed or smoked. I'm building a stone BBQ for the camp that will easily cook for 100 people.

C

• Members

I could be wrong but I think one of the "B's" in BBQ is for Baptist,,,,
I call mine the "Barby", picked up the name from this old boy from "down Under", he sells me electrical junk.

Mine ain't as fancy a s PE's but it ain't no lite weight neether, stainless, 3 burners and a hot plate burner on the side, works as BBQ, Stove or Oven, I just love the thing, who knows I may even drag it with me when I leave this town a few years from now. :drool :drool :drool :drool

Tube Steaks tonight...................

• Members

Got a simple Weber Grill that gets used 4-5 times a year.

That is a lot for a city guy like me. :lol:

Weber makes great Charcoal grills.

I have a Gas grill my in-laws bought me for Christmas several years ago. I haven't used it much in the last few months but we go through times when we cook on it 3-4 times a week.