• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prophecy Today

• Members

Praise the Lord!

Dear Samer, If salvation is only for those who truly repent how can such be called unconditional? And are believers not required to stand fast in the faith, as opposed to apostatizing instead? Is continuing in the faith merely some non essential option as regards one's relationship to God? And is remaining faithful to Jesus and continuing to abide in Christ not a condition of discipleship?

Can people make up their own false gospel to preach that instead of the Gospel; to cause many thousands to perish, but be saved themselves nevertheless? Can a believer join the Catholic church and renounce Protestantism and be saved anyway? Can they beat their fellowservants, eat and drink with the drunken, and mock the Gospel, and not lose out on the blessings?

And where exactly is the verse which says that salvation is unconditional? As you maintained in your last post true repentance is a condition; and that means departing from iniquity, which would require one to believe and thus obey the Gospel, which I believe you will allow as a being a condition of salvation. Precisely what therefore are you referring to when you say 'unconditional' as regards salvation?

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Not teaching damnable heresies is definitely a condition.

2 Peter 2:20-21 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Avoiding entanglement in the pollutions of the world is certainly a condition.

Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

And not receiving the mark of the beast is another condition. There are obviously many conditions. What do you mean by 'unconditional'?

Maranatha

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"The gifts concerning wisdom and knowledge" have indeed passed away. We have the perfect (ie. complete) Word of God and no longer need these supernatural sign gifts (as they are often referred to). They had wisdom and knowledge in OT times, and they still have it now that the Bible is complete - they are gathered from studying the Word of God. We no longer need wisdom and knowledge apart from the Word of God - instead we need wisdom and knowledge from the complete Word of God.

• Members

"Conditional security" means you get saved, and then you sin and lose your salvation. But we do not get saved by our works, and neither do we remain saved by our works. To say so would be to fall into the error of legalism, as the Galatians did. "This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

Repentance is a radical change of mind that goes hand-in-hand with faith--it is not a work.

When Christ saves a person, He changes the person. A changed life will result in certain evidences of salvation, as detailed in Galatians 5, 1 John, etc.

People who preach a false Gospel never truly knew the true Gospel, and therefore did not get saved.

2 Peter 2:1-3 were never saved. Christ died for them, and they were false teachers. No implication they were saved.
2 Peter 2:20,21 refers to false converts. http://www.livingwaters.com/helps/TrueAndFalseConversion.pdf has good information on the Parable of the Sower and its importance in understanding true and false conversion. These people had a religious experience, and a form of spirituality (maybe "prayed a prayer" or something). Examples are the products of today's modern false gospel.
Revelation 14:9-11: Nobody who was ever saved will take the mark of the beast. :) An unsaved person who commits to satan by taking the mark forever forfeits any chance of salvation.

Right now I am already sealed by the Spirit of God until the day of redemption. This is a scriptural fact for any saved person--agreed? If I go to Hell, I am taking the Holy Spirit with me. That is impossible.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Since I have truly believed, I have everlasting life. Right now, I have life that lasts forever. Can I ever stop having everlasting life? Then it wasn't really everlasting. By definition, once I have everlasting life, I will always have everlasting life. Otherwise, if I had everlasting life, and lost it a week later, it was only week-lasting life.

I shall not come into condemnation. Ever.

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

I be interested in hearing your view of such topics as predestination, foreknowledge, and the like. I am not a Calvinist, but I think it's clear from the Scriptures that God knew the end from the beginning, as far as who would be saved.

I was mainly curious to know if something for or against "once saved, always saved" was part of the revelation you talked about. Wondering if it was just about events, or if there was also a doctrinal element involved in it.

• Members

Praise the Lord!

Dear Samer, Though some theological issues did arise in respect to various church movements having to do with the future, and the matter of unconditional salvation was discussed at the same time that the revelations concerning the future were given, that portion was personal commentary concerning what was adversely affecting the churches, and not something that was doctrinally contained within the actual experience itself.

It was and is my understanding that legalism; which projects the idea that can one to be saved in the morning, and unsaved at night, to then be saved the next morning is an extreme works based position; and that the idea that one cannot lose their salvation regardless of what one does, represents another extreme; both being attempts to force the truth into a simplistic, man made, theological mold.

Salvation is a matter of being in Christ with eternal life being the result of spiritually abiding in Him, who scripture reveals to be the only one who has eternal life. Eternal life is a matter of having a true relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and therefore being in the book of life depends on continuing in the faith and being faithful to Christ.

The blood of Christ makes one fit for the Lord's kingdom, and so salvation is not based on works though one's works reveal whether or not one is abiding in Christ. By abiding in Christ one brings forth good works and so the works are a result of grace and not the means by which to obtain such. Security as pertains to salvation is found in Christ alone; and not in any way apart from Him.

The Lord warns that those who deny Him will in turn be denied by Him. It is also revealed that the foolish virgins end up shut out of the blessings due to their being unprepared; and that unfaithful servants will be appointed their portion with the hypocrites. The Lord Himself places those conditions on obtaining salvation, and indeed He warned some that their names could be blotted out of the book of life.

No man can remove conditions which the Lord has placed upon the matter, and so any theological position to be valid must take those warnings under consideration as well; or be found contrary to the word of God, and sound doctrine. That said; every saint ought to rest in the assurance that the Lord will deliver them, and present them complete in Him.

However; they are to do so while travelling the narrow road that leads to eternal life and not go down the broad road that leads to destruction. Those who go that way can only do so due to unbelief with believers on the other hand knowing full well that the broad road leads people away from Christ. There would be no real salvitic purpose in preaching against sin in the churches with respect to the saints unless that were true.

[/list:u] 2 Timothy 2:19-26 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. Maranatha

THE ETERNAL SECURITY TIME BOMB

• Members

I must say, that "time bomb" thing is quite a mischaracterization of the eternal-security position.

Romans 6
1: What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2: God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3: Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7: For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8: Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10: For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11: Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13: Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17: But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18: Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19: I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20: For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21: What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22: But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Q.E.D. :wink

A bit more about "grace as a license to sin":

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:6-9)

• Members

Glory to Jesus!

Dear Samer, Though not a profound theological statement I hold to the view that those who continue in the faith are assured of eternal life while those who do not are in big trouble and need to be warned. I have studied the various systems of theology, and found most indeed to be seriously wanting, for in order to have neat little packages; parts of the Lord's revelation to us ends up being set aside.

From my experience, assurance of salvation comes from the Holy Spirit, and so a believer to have confidence needs to abide in the truth, and avoid giving place to the devil, who as we all know doesn't provide any such assurance, but contrariwise only condemnation. He also has that nasty habit of deceiving people by telling them that all roads lead to heaven.

To teach assured salvation with regard to the obedient and disobedient alike sounds very much like a compromise with the above interfaith delusion. Say a sinner's prayer, and then take any road you like, makes the Bible pointless as regards instruction in righteousness and godliness with regard to salvation. If such were true then why are there so many NT warnings to the saints to depart from iniquity?

I think it best to preach holiness and assurance of salvation therein for otherwise we end up with a dubious program of salvation apart from the Holy Spirit, and obedience to God, whereas God's word reveals that obedience to Him is integral to the Holy faith that was once delivered unto the saints. The Lord freely grants grace to live a godly life, and so what kind of grace would it be that would have the saints continue to live in wickedness?

Grace from above produces godliness and makes one alive in Christ it definitely does not produce apathy with respect to obeying the Gospel, and diligence in serving the Lord. In any case the Holy Spirit teaches us to obey the Gospel and walk uprightly before the Lord; He is not granting any allowances and excuses to continue in sin, and indeed it is the adversary who specializes in that nefarious business.

Maranatha

• Members

It's the Grace of God that teaches us to be obedient.

Titus 2:11,12 - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Those who us the grace of God as a license to sin were never born again to begin with.

• Members

To teach assured salvation with regard to the obedient and disobedient alike sounds very much like a compromise with the above interfaith delusion. Say a sinner's prayer, and then take any road you like, makes the Bible pointless as regards instruction in righteousness and godliness with regard to salvation. If such were true then why are there so many NT warnings to the saints to depart from iniquity?

Salvation is assured to true believers - whether they are temporarily backslidden or walking rightly. No one here is teaching to say a prayer and live as you please. The instructions in the Bible for godliness are written to believers - ie. those who are already saved - they are not written to indicate that is how to BE saved. Our salvation is not based on our righteousness or godliness - we ALL FAIL on that regard. It is believers who are exhorted to live righteously and godly in their walks with the Lord - to maintain fellowship with Him, not to keep or hold onto their salvation. That is works-based salvation and it is cursed by God.

Yes, true salvation will result in a changed life - but not a sinless life. True believers are not sinless, but they should sin less. There is a difference between sinning and having a lifestyle of sin. The true believer will be chastised if they persist in unrepentant sin - it is only true believers who can backslide (that means sliding back from somewhere you already were) - the Bible never teaches a true believer can lose their salvation, though they can temporarily lose their fellowship with God.

• Members

Praise the Lord!

I would appear that an extreme view namely; that any sin can cause a loss of salvation was offset by the doctrine that no sin can cause a loss of salvation. Scripture however does not support either view with the truth being more akin to plain old common sense which virtue appears to have been set aside in favour of speculative theology.

Both extreme positions above however contain a major stumblingblock; for in the first instance a person's salvation is aways in jeopardy whereas in the second case no one need pay heed to the Lord in order to be saved. I maintain that the logical product of both positions does not at all accord with the truth as is given us in the New Testament.

The speculation being forwarded to back the latter position is not healthy in that the consequences of backsliding are minimized while God's mercy in granting repentance is likewise reduced in that recovery is esteemed to have no effect whatsoever on a person's salvation. Indeed the fear of God which ought to prevent such folly has been effectively removed beforehand.

If some of the rebellious, unregenerate, and estranged from Christ are saved in their sins; then what exactly were they saved from to begin with; if being delivered from evil was not included therein? And what does the blood of Christ, which cleanses one from sin, have to do with salvation if people can be saved while remaining spiritually dead in sin?

Saints rather than speculate concerning the consequences (Or lack thereof.) of sin ought to give diligence to depart from such instead. That way they can look back and understand the matter perfectly rather than land in Hell only to discover that the wicked do not in any case inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 22:10-15 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Maranatha

• Members

I would appear that an extreme view namely; that any sin can cause a loss of salvation was offset by the doctrine that no sin can cause a loss of salvation.

I gotta ask...Which sins?

• Members

I would appear that an extreme view namely; that any sin can cause a loss of salvation was offset by the doctrine that no sin can cause a loss of salvation. Scripture however does not support either view with the truth being more akin to plain old common sense which virtue appears to have been set aside in favour of speculative theology.

That's your problem - you stopped studying out what the Bible said and started making your own theology based on your own common sense - THAT'S WHAT THE CULTS DO!

• Members

Praise the Lord!

The cults are famous for replacing the word of God with man made speculation which occupation is contrary to what I call common sense which declares that setting aside the council of God cannot produce any good whatsoever. When I find a doctrine which omits warnings from the Lord or negates such in any way a big siren goes off and a large flashing red light says; 'Beware!".

I have over thirty five years experience with regard to exposing cults and heresies, and have not found any that do not reject the truth in order to produce a substitute which agrees with man's fallen nature. Departing from sin is usually most grievous to those captivated thereby, and so special attention needs to be given any philosophy which may give occasion to the flesh to thereby gain an advantage.

I did not write the following; and so, such can hardly be esteemed the product of my imagination. If it be heresy to include the following verses in my theology then I will gladly embrace such for I will take my chances being found in company with heretics who actually believe the word of God, as given below; rather than risk being found among the orthodox who don't.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 22:10-15 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Matthew 7:21-29 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Maranatha

• Members

Greetings in Jesus Name

Assurance of salvation is guaranteed with respect to those who continue in the faith while the future of those who turn back is described as being worse than having never known the truth to begin with. The Lord has also declared that those who turn aside after wickedness shall be denied by Him and that factor cannot be overlooked apart from rejecting the word of God.

Failure with regard to diligence in serving the Lord will in any case result in a loss of rewards, and so that truth of itself does not necessarily serve to provide a complete explanation with regard to possible loss, and especially so when many passages reveal consequences that go well beyond just some demerit system concerning blessings within the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 2:20-21 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Matthew 24:45-51 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Romans 11:17-22 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

John 15:1-11 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

No one is suggesting that anyone who trusts in the Lord for their salvation will perish; and indeed the Lord delivers His people out of many pits that they manage to fall into. And no one is saying that true saints don't get tangled up in the vain ways of the world, or that they must be a flawless shining example unto others from the moment they come to Christ until they depart this world; for if that were true then it is unlikely that any of us would be saved.

There is a big difference however between high treason; and a servant whose attitude is less than whole hearted with respect to the Lord. An erring servant will receive a reprimand and suffer loss; but nevertheless may end up promoted in time having taken heed to the warning; while a treacherous traitor on the other hand is esteemed incorrigible, and simply taken out and hung. The Lord requires that we not only love Him, and place our trust in Him; but that we also fear Him, and respect His authority as Lord.

Proverbs 1:20-33 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18, 7:1 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Maranatha