• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How much pain did Christ really suffer?

• Members

Just think about it for a minute,imagine. A whip is tearing into your skin and flesh and rips apart your body.The glass and peices of bones cutting and ripping.

Hanging on a cross by one nail in each had and one through the feet.as 100-200 pounds of human hang on just that hand only held by a nail.ripping apart your hand.The only other way to hold yourself up is by another nail tearing into your feet.

BUT...was this ALL that Jesus suffered?

The Bible tells us that he took our punishment,our sins on his back.Every single little lie was a whips blow.

Christ was not Crucified once.He was crucified Billions of times.For each and every person.He suffered your death.

he took the whips blows,the nails peircing through the hands.he took it all.EVERY LAST MISERABLE SINNERS PUNISHMENT.

He died not once.he died billions of times.Because we sinned.

and think about this.

HE DIDNT COMPLAIN.
He did it in love.
now where do you find a friend like that?
At Church?
At school?
At a bar?
At work?

no,no,no only in your heart.

he was crucified,not once,not twice,but many times.

Now think about this.

If HE DIED MANY TIMES FOR OUR STINKIN SOULS,THEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR HIM?

drink a little?add another whips blow?
cuss a little? add another ripping pain?

Even though he died for you,die for him.

the old man is dead and a new is born.

be ye not conformed to this world,but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind(not sure where that is)

Amie Jo

I had a dream and woke up at midnight,i had to write this down,my dream was to horrifying as i saw myself being crucified,and as i was dying it came to me that Jesus not only was crucified once,but many times for us.

• Members

Christ was not Crucified once.He was crucified Billions of times.For each and every person.He suffered your death.

He died not once.he died billions of times.Because we sinned.

I understand the point you are trying to make - but what you have stated here is not Biblical. Jesus was crucified and died ONLY ONCE - but He did it in the place of billions of people. We are better off trying to explain something using Scriptural language, or else we are in danger of teaching something that contradicts God's Word.

• Members

I agree Jerry however there is a verse that says that when we reject Christ (can't remember, gotta run) that we crucify the Lord afresh and put him to open shame. Christ died once but symbolically I guess it wouldn't be wrong to say that we have crucified him multiple times?

• Members

That passage is referring to those who utterly reject His sacrifice, not to a believer who has received it. Besides, that is not what the poster is referring to here - she is stating He died once each for each of us, which is the point I was refuting.

• Members

There is no doubt that Christ suffered the pain and punishment each of of deserve. That's something most of us probably don't think about too often. It's really even difficult to fully comprehend, with out limited understanding, the full implication of the suffering.

I'm thankful God sent His Son for us and that Christ endured our punishment so we could be reconciled with God through Him.

It is very eye-opening and wrenching to think that every sin we committed or will commit, even the so-called "little sins", were an added pain that our Lord had to bear.

• Members

I agree Jerry however there is a verse that says that when we reject Christ (can't remember, gotta run) that we crucify the Lord afresh and put him to open shame. Christ died once but symbolically I guess it wouldn't be wrong to say that we have crucified him multiple times?

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This does not mean they crucified him again. Key words: to themselves.

• Members

I believe that the worst pain that Christ suffered was when He was made sin.
He was the perfect and had never sinned but yet He became my sin and yours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

What a Savior and what Love and Grace!!!!

• Members

This does not mean they crucified him again. Key words: to themselves.

If that were so would the following verse be untrue?

Hbr 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once [for all].

I have always been taught that we must compare scripture with scripture.

• Members

If that were so would the following verse be untrue?

Hbr 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once [for all].

I have always been taught that we must compare scripture with scripture.

Those verses both agree.

Hebrews 6:6 is dealing with people crucifying him again to themselves. Jesus, however, was not crucified more than once. By their actions, though, they are, in essence, repeating Christ's crucifixion through their thoughts or actions.

And Hebrews 10:10 makes it very clear that he was only crucified once.

You may want to reread what I posted. =P