• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastorial Duties in the New World Order

• Members

Greetings. Praise the Lord.

I came across an unusual photo of a pastor, so called, handing out combat knives to Israeli soldiers, and another where a group of pastors, so called, were cleaning an Israeli cannon. Please add your comments as to the biblical basis pertaining to such Gospel ministry.

[/list:u] Note: Pastor Vineyard created some controversy by telling the President of the United States to go to Hell. I wonder does he have plans of retiring in Israel? Maranatha

Givati Special Forces soldiers being given knives by Dr. Vineyard

American pastors helping to clean an Israeli cannon

• Members

Praise the Lord!

The pastors are on tour as part of a Baptist federation and they are showing their support for Bush's war on terrorism. (Though Pastor Vineyard obviously doesn't see eye to eye with GW Bush's program.) It appears that Christians (?) and Jews can agree on some things; there are too many sinners in the world and they intend to follow the Pope's latest crusade to rid the world of evil starting with Muslims. But what happens when they run out of Muslims? I think it best that the pastors get busy and preach holiness otherwise the pews could end up empty as the righteous rid the world of sinners.

Maranatha

• Administrators

Praise the Lord!

The pastors are on tour as part of a Baptist federation and they are showing their support for Bush's war on terrorism. (Though Pastor Vineyard obviously doesn't see eye to eye with GW Bush's program.) It appears that Christians (?) and Jews can agree on some things; there are too many sinners in the world and they intend to follow the Pope's latest crusade to rid the world of evil starting with Muslims. But what happens when they run out of Muslims? I think it best that the pastors get busy and preach holiness otherwise the pews could end up empty as the righteous rid the world of sinners.

You are wrong on the part that is in bold, the pastors are actually showing support for Israel's right to exist. Anyone that knows Pastor Vineyard, knows that. How do I know? BroBen, (my brother) went with him on a trip to Israel.

• Members

Bro. Jim Vineyard would not have told the President to go to Hell. Perhaps you might like to quote your statement in context or refrain from slandering a man of God like him.

The Bible teaches that we are to defend our families and our countries - so what is the problem here?

• Members

Praise the Lord!

I originally obtained the information from the Fighting Fundamentalist Forum and Dr. Vineyard told the Israeli press (Haaretz) the following. "Bush's road map violates the Torah and even though as a Christian, I don't usually curse, the Jews in Israel should tell Bush to go to hell." And here is an article which gives more context.

Pastor Jim Vineyard: Tell Bush to go to hell

And here is the article direct from Haaretz.

N.Y. anti-pullout delegation inspects Qassam damage

Maranatha

• Members

Praise the Lord!

I originally obtained the information from the Fighting Fundamentalist Forum and Dr. Vineyard told the Israeli press (Haaretz) the following. "Bush's road map violates the Torah and even though as a Christian, I don't usually curse, the Jews in Israel should tell Bush to go to hell." And here is an article which gives more context.

Pastor Jim Vineyard: Tell Bush to go to hell

And here is the article direct from Haaretz.

N.Y. anti-pullout delegation inspects Qassam damage

Maranatha

That is still not conclusive proof.

Bryon,

Are you not yet aware that the news media has as its main goal to slant, or color, the news to their own advantage.

Case in point::::

Our very own pastor wrote several articles for a local newspaper that portrayed the plan of salvation in the simplest to understand terms he could muster. That newspaper messed it up in grande fashion.

An excellent maxim that I heard regarding the news media goes like this::::

"Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see."

Here's the thing, Bryon::::

***Wouldn't you like to have this verified one way or another???

***Wouldn't you like to know the truth, once and for all???

***How is it that you are so quick to believe slanderous propaganda, and then promote it without having it verified from the man himself???

• Members

Praise the Lord!

Well you could call Dr. Vineyard and ask him personally. And you could call the newspaper and see if they have the interview on tape. Then you could get an expert to examine the tape; just in case they tampered with it. Yes, who knows maybe he was misquoted, and he really told the Jews to pray for the President that he would go to heaven.

Maranatha

• Members

Praise the Lord!

Well you could call Dr. Vineyard and ask him personally. And you could call the newspaper and see if they have the interview on tape. Then you could get an expert to examine the tape; just in case they tampered with it. Yes, who knows maybe he was misquoted, and he really told the Jews to pray for the President that he would go to heaven.

Maranatha

And there you are Bryon. See how easy it is to do that???

Wouldn't it be a lot better to do that instead of promoting and spreading slander that you have not verified???

We know that Satan is slandering the brethern on a continual basis. I certainly would not want to be linked up to him (i.e. Satan) , nor would I want to participate in his activities.

However, you, Bryon, have not felt the need to observe this caution but instead have run head-long into the devil's workshop and allowed him to use you as one of his favorite tools, a slanderer.

As far as what Dr Vineyard allegedly said::::

Suppose he would have made a statement to the effect that the president of the United States will go to Hell if he is not genuinely saved/converted/born-again/redeemed/etc. That is a completely true and generic statement. The media could very easily "twist" that and make it fit their (hidden) agenda simply by removing the bold part. That hidden agenda of theirs is to make true men of God look bad. I have personally seen them do this time and again.

• Members

Greetings in Jesus Name

Dear Pneu-engine, The Haaretz news agency wasn't lying about Dr. Vineyard comments, and indeed they have no reason to do so, and especially so since a false report of that nature could subject them to a multi-million dollar lawsuit. Pastor Vineyard has not repudiated the quote and so there is no reason to believe that there was any error whatsoever as regards the article.

As it stands you yourself are guilty of the very charges that you have levelled against others in that you have slandered their reputation, by way of a callous act of libel, through placing in print comments, and that without evidence; to the effect that an Israeli newspaper agency and yours truly were operating as agents of the devil.

It was your duty to first investigate the facts before making any such charges, and becoming what you falsely accused others of being. You will of course repent, and take care not to repeat such folly in the future. Your motive may have been noble; but you allowed your feelings to override caution with regard to falsely accusing others.

Maranatha

• Members

We have all seen Satan's activities and we know that Satan is the author of all lies. PE just calls 'em like he sees 'em.

Byron even when you are quoting scriptures you are misrepresenting God's Word. That is exactly the same thing that Old Scratch does - from as far back as Genesis when the first lie that was ever told!

• Members

Greetings in Jesus Name,

Dear IM4given, You maintain that I am quoting scripture improperly, but have failed to prove from scripture where exactly that charge applies. I have seen much scripture used out of context to support the religious opinions being proffered here as the truth. Your arbitrary pronouncements do not stand the test when compared to what the word of God actually says, and indeed some concepts being forwarded here are not only contrary to scripture they are also utter impossibilities. Religious ideology and the truth of Holy scripture are two different subjects, and it is in the former where error is found, and not in the word of God.

Maranatha

• Members

IF brother Vineyard made that statement - exactly as presented in the news article - then he was wrong. However, we all know how much the media can distort things, especially when it comes to quoting Christians. I would rather give Vineyard the benefit of the doubt than a Jewish newspaper that more than likely hates anything Christian.