• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Police called on us....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

sorry :( look like you don't have a very understanding neighbor. I wouldn't considering a crying child a noise violation though but I guess they are trying to sleep. No wonder most children who were raised in apartments have alot of problems. They have neighbors who complained whenever the parents want to raise their children right.

• Members

We had a notice on our door when we got back from some errands. If they come back out here for a noise violation again we are subject to a 250.00 fine each time. Nice.....

Any chance of putting acoustical tile or something up to absorb the sounds? How can they fine you for having a crying baby? Buy that neighbor a set of ear plugs!

• Members

Oh good grief! Is this something you can talk to the apartment manager about? You have just as much right to have your family there as someone else.

We feel the same way! Im working on figuring this out though. Last night went a little better. I cut her nap time down to 1 hour vice the 2-2.5 that she normally gets. Then i kept her up until 10:00 or so. She finally passed out on the floor and we put her in bed. No battle of the wills on this one. We cannot afford to shell out 250.00 every time she decides she does not want to go to bed. If i have to do it like this for a while so be it, i will until i figure something else out.

• Members

Well if your neighbors are going to be jerks about it, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I guess it doesn't help much that in Hawaii, you keep your houses opened up real wide for the air to come in! Are you stationed there temporarily in the military, or is that just where you live for your job?

• Members

you probably can take your family and stay with someone for a week or so until she improves her sleeping habits

Hmmm kids don't do well sleeping in an unfamiliar environment, it'd probably be best just to figure something out where they are now....

• Members

Kids are great, after all the dust settles, my grandson, would get tired and just refuse to lay down, our daughter in desperation left him for the weekend, a two year old of course.
We changed his diaper and put jammies on him and we went to bed, we shut our bed room door and laid there.
A while later I opened the door to see him asleep on the floor. He slept on the floor a lot.
The next week my wife put him in bed and told him he can stay awake, give him a toy, and he fell right to sleep.

What I suspect happened is this. Hostility grew between him and his parents, I think they can read our emotions.
Problem now is we love him too much, he could get spoiled by us.