• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Guitars!

• Moderators

I play guitar (6 and 12 string), autoharp, and banjo. One daughter plays piano, one plays piano and autoharp. One son plays fiddle and bagpipes; one plays recorder and guitar; the other plays piano, guitar, banjo, harmonica, mandolin, autoharp, bass, and is learning fiddle and trumpet.

• Members

I come from a musical family - my parents both sang in amateur choirs & my father was in the Anglican church choir all his life except during WWII.

I was a nervous boy & got only discouragement from my older brother so I was afraid to sing if anyone could hear.

When my kids were learningthe recorder at school, I learned it too, & took them to a Saturday music school where we had a 4/5 part recorder group. I learned classical guitar while there & passed grade 2.

All that faded, & I still was too shy to sing, until the church organist left. My recorder was then the leading instrument. I then signed up for keyboard lessons, & joined a over 50s choir - at 65.

I now play the church Hammond organ, I'm relearning the guitar, I lead Asian church songs using an Indian harmonium, & learning the harmonica.

Then at my tennis club, a group leader set up a monthly "open mike" session, & I've got enough confidence to contribute there, using my harmonium.

I still need more work to get the guitar to a standard to lead singing.

• Members

I failed the piano. I then tried the guitar but my fingers would not bend in the right direction. I then tried the autoharp and was not too bad, although it is not easy to fail on that.

MY daughter played the 12 string guitar but more or less gave it up when she got married, although I did buy her a new guitar a few years ago. She also played the trombone in her school band. Three of my grand children, aged 13,12 and 9 have just passed their grade one piano exam, and the 9 year old passed her grade 1 violin. The 12 year old is also learning the cello.

• Members

I've played the guitar for about 2 1/2 years. I play in church sometimes for offering and specials.

Anyone else play or have an interest in guitars?

I've played guitar since I was twelve years old and spent roughly twenty years as a professional musician, playing with some people your parents and grandparents would know.

Now, I play in a pick up band for different charity things in our area.

• Members

I'm actually picking mine up again after several years, going to start singing songs with the jr. church class. I would love to take some lessons so I know more than just a few chords but just too much on my plate right now. I have the ear for it...just need the practice.