• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are they going to be another major tragedy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You never know...I think alot depends on the next president. Its amazing that Bush gets a bad rap all the time (and he deserves some of it) but then when they stop a major terror attack nobody thinks to say "Hey maybe Bush is doing something right."

• Members

I remember when clinton was in the office, we had all kinds of bombing going on. Remember the world trade center bombing? and few others?

Clinton was thinking of war, but everyone kept saying, oh he just trying to stay as a president longer (i was told that if a president declare war, they can stay in the office longer). little did we know that he was serious.

• Members

Yup it is just a matter of time. I think we will see another major attack within the next 10 years, it is simply impossible for the FBI / DHS to stop them all. With the current political climate it will be harder to fight terrorism and weaker liberal politicians will be making policies that will hinder the fight.

• Members
Yup it is just a matter of time. I think we will see another major attack within the next 10 years' date=' it is simply impossible for the FBI / DHS to stop them all. With the current political climate it will be harder to fight terrorism and weaker liberal politicians will be making policies that will hinder the fight.[/quote']

So true, there is just no way we can stop them every time, I don't believe they will ever give up trying to hit us with a huge tragedy.

Everyone ought to know that they have much hate for us, with that kind of hate it becomes a driving force for them.

• Administrators
I remember when clinton was in the office, we had all kinds of bombing going on. Remember the world trade center bombing? and few others?

Clinton was thinking of war, but everyone kept saying, oh he just trying to stay as a president longer (i was told that if a president declare war, they can stay in the office longer). little did we know that he was serious.

Actually, no, they can't stay in office more than 2 terms, unless the Constitution is changed. Normally, if a war begins in a presidents first term, he is voted in for a second just because historically Americans have not wanted to "change horses in the middle of the stream."

I really doubt that Clinton was thinking about war, when he let all kinds of things happen to our citizens without any reprisal...until he got caught with the intern, anyway.

Anyway, I think it's only a matter of time until they slip through with another attack.

• Members

There is a way a president can slip in an extra two years but I can't remember what that is.... it could be like war on American soil or martial law or something...but there is one way a President can do that.

• Members

According to what I found they cannot serve more that 2 terms.

http://content.scholastic.com/browse/ar ... sp?id=4684

http://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html

Term limit amendment - US Constitution, Amendment XXII, Section 1 ? ratified February 27, 1951

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

• Administrators
There is a way a president can slip in an extra two years but I can't remember what that is.... it could be like war on American soil or martial law or something...but there is one way a President can do that.

By Executive Order, they can declare martial law in a time of extreme emergency...and then they would actually no longer be president, but dictator. Praise the Lord HRC wasn't president on 9/11, or she'd probably still be dictator!!!

• Members

By Executive Order, they can declare martial law in a time of extreme emergency...and then they would actually no longer be president, but dictator. Praise the Lord HRC wasn't president on 9/11, or she'd probably still be dictator!!!

Okay that must be it. I was thinking that some people were afraid that Clinton would find a reason to declare martial law and then remain President past his term. I assume someday in the future someone will end up doing that, due to terrorism or the other thing I foresee is like a financial depression...only instead of everyone working together like during the first depression it would be utter chaos (see "Katrina") with everyone demanding their former lifestyle provided by Uncle Sam and then martial law would have to kick in to keep order.

• Administrators

I think that scenario is very apt to take place, Suzy. This country has been through a lot of really horrible things and no president has ever yet invoked that (although Lincoln either tried to or did invoke martial law for a period - can't remember which - but he didn't try to set himself up as dictator) order, but with the lack of character combined with the lust for power in the majority of candidates around today, it will probably happen in the not too distant future.