• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shooters

MrJim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about a tazer is that more ladylike or what about mace is that more ladylike, or is it just that you feel a woman shouldn't defend herself at all. Do you plan to be at your future wife's side 24/7 to protect her or is she just going to be left at the mercy of the world?

C

No, I intend for the Lord to protect her, as he has my mother for all of my parent's well-over twenty years marriage.
As to the first part of your post, you are using a strawman, and exaggerating my point. Let me ask you this: do you consider it ladylike?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

No, I intend for the Lord to protect her, as he has my mother for all of my parent's well-over twenty years marriage.
As to the first part of your post, you are using a strawman, and exaggerating my point. Let me ask you this: do you consider it ladylike?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Have you seen pictures of Bonnie Parker posing with her gun? :Green

You need to read more books with pictures! :tum

I don't read much, excepts for my Bible. :wink
If I did read more, I don't think I would read a book about a female outlaw. :Green
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I don't read much, excepts for my Bible. :wink
If I did read more, I don't think I would read a book about a female outlaw. :Green
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I don't read that sort of stuff anymore, but I read a lot of all sorts of things back in the day. My sister says I have a head full of worthless information. :Green

I don't read that sort of stuff anymore' date=' but I read a lot of all sorts of things back in the day. My sister says I have a head full of worthless information. :Green[/quote']
I have a lot of useless information, as well. :Green
God bless,
Crushmaster.

While I disagree with you, you may be surprised on which portion.
I completely disagree with you concerning men being psychologically tougher. We only think we are tougher, when in fact what we are is emotionally repressed by our culture and therefore don't generally show emotion freely and openly. Now I understand there are exceptions, but I believe this to be true in general of men.
When it comes to mental (or psychological) toughness, I firmly believe women have men beat by a large margin!

I must admit that I don't particularly think we are emotionally repressed by our culture, which, I must say, does not particularly support masculine men. Quite the opposite, in fact.
You break inyo our house when I'm not home and instead of looking at a potential rape victim you will be looking at an extremely feminine lady who is a mother and will be looking to protect herself and her children (normal womanly instinct) w/ a 12g pump loaded w/ 3" 000 buckshot.

I was not aware you thought I was planning to break into your house.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I must admit that I don't particularly think we are emotionally repressed by our culture, which, I must say, does not particularly support masculine men. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I was not aware you thought I was planning to break into your house.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

:goodpost: :smile

• 2 weeks later...

Hello trc123

You suggested.........

?Just turn the other cheek!?

Well that is great, if your talking about ?taking vengeance?.
Romans 12:19
?Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.?

But we are talking about ?self defense?.
--------------------------------------------------
If someone breaks into your house and kills or hurts a loved one, and gets away.
Call the police.

But if you catch them, and have to kill them; You are justified in God?s eyes.
Exodus 22:2
?If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, [there shall] no blood [be shed] for him.?

• Members
Hello trc123

You suggested.........

Well that is great, if your talking about ?taking vengeance?.

But we are talking about ?self defense?.
--------------------------------------------------
If someone breaks into your house and kills or hurts a loved one, and gets away.
Call the police.

But if you catch them, and have to kill them; You are justified in God?s eyes.

A bit of information for any newbies; I sometimes use sarcasm to push a truth forward and that was the case in this instance. I am an NRA member into shooting sports and I am a veteran of the US Armed Forces having served 10 1/2 years; I have not issue in the use of force to defend one's life and the lives of their loved ones, etc.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hello! NRA member currently focusing on self-defense and handguns though I have an old 12 ga and 20 ga. The 12 gauge sits loaded next to my bed (It's just me and my wife so I have no children to worry about - safety first!) along with my recently acquired Taurus 24/8 OSS 9mm and Taurus 745 Millenium Pro (.45). I also have a S&W .357 magnum.

Having just completed a CCW course (several months ago) I'm currently waiting for my carry permit (Colorado). My ccw will be the .45 auto.

I also have a small mail list which centers around 2nd Amendment and Guns. Most people on the list are Christians.

To subscribe, send email to 2a-guns+subscribe@googlegroups.com

Archived