• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

random fact game

Ron

• Moderators

To freeze an elephant fast enough for the meat inside not to spoil would have to be done in about 5 hours. It would have to be colder than -300f to do that, (according to Swanson frozen foods). It has never been that cold on earth, according to scentists, yet many mammoths have been found frozen, and the meat was quite edible.

• Members

Noah's flood answers every question about frozen Mammoths and dinosaur fossils, and the layered look of the depths of the earth.

Think.

Giant flood. Particles floating. Heaviest particles settle first.

Geothermal stuff happenin' everywhere all at once. Extreme temps that no one has suffered since because of the upheaval, etc...

Saw a VHS movie moons ago on the subject. Gooooood stuff.

Only I forget who put it out. :(

• Administrators

point the hour hand at the sun. half way between that and twelve o'clock is south.. in the mornings its on the left side of 12 in the afternoons its on the right side of 12

ummmm, my watch is digital, how would that work?????

• Administrators

I didn't know that

are you sorry that u left Alaska

No Rosie, I am not sorry I left, although I do miss it. I spent 37 years of my life there and Alaska was very good to me. But when you get old and can't or don't want to do the things you always did, especially in winter, it's time to move on.

It just makes no sense to suffer through seven months of winter to enjoy five months of decent weather. For instance, I am into gold mining now. I cna do that here all year, but in Alaska the season is short.

I used to be a trapper and also loved to go play on snowmOBiles and explore in winter. But that has taken its toll and I can't do those things any more.

If I could afford it I would "snowbird", Alaska in summer and go south for the winter.

Here is a link to my Alaska website, it might give you and idea of life in Alaska:  http://www.marciesalaskaweb.com/webdesign/

You might be interested to know that I was living on the gulf coast of Florida when I decided to move to Alaska in 1973.

Edited by Jim_Alaska

• Members

i bookmarked your web site and will check it out later

what a contrast from florida to alaska

how is the gold mining going...if u strike it rich don't say anything..*_*

did you know that the weather the day before, the day and the day after the season change predicts the weather for the next 3 months

• Administrators

The mining here is not going too well. Both the environmentalists and Tribes want all mining shut down. They have hounded miners for ten years with frivolous lawsuits and back door deals with legislators to shut us down. We have not been able to suction dredge mine since 2009 due to their antics. We just won an important victory in the third appelate court of California that may just get us back to mining this coming year.