Online Baptist Community

random fact game

Ron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

It's no more America's responsibility to feed the children of the world than it is to arm it...Let's not turn this into an anti-America thread, guys.  Moving on....

I'm simply posting random facts that show up without regard for if they are about animals, humans, politics, Russia, Korea or whatever. My postings in this thread are random and for fun, no intent to turn the thread to anything otherwise or to post anything in particular.

The only thing I do when finding random facts to post here is to leave out those of a sexual nature. Sometimes there seem to be a lot of those out there.

As to your other point, I fully agree it's not America's responsibility to feed the children of the world. It's not America's responsibility to police or parent the world at all. Those are points for a serious thread, not a fun and games thread.

This from my studies in pharmaceutical healthcare for my Health Informatics major.

If you combine every prescription drug given for every kind of physical disease (cancer, heart disease, diabeties, etc), injury, or chronic physical condition.  They would equal only HALF of the number of prescriptions given in the U.S. to treat emotional issues, behavioral, stress, and depression.  A sad statement of the peace and joy of the modern world we live in.  

Geographically, Alaska has the distinction of being the most Eastern State in the U.S. and ironically is also the most Western state because the 180 Longitude which geographically divides East and West travels through parts of Alaska.  Alaska is also the most northern state, and in 1941 tried to purchase 100 square miles of Antarctica and grant it Alaskan statehood so they could also be the most southern.  

When I was a child many believed blowing cigarette smoke in the ear of someone with an earache would make them feel better.

Yeah, I heard that one too.  A lot of politicians must have heard it also.  They are blowing smoke all the time.

Yes, I had smoke blown in my ears when I had an earache and all it did was make me gag, cough, sneeze and my nose start running.

Having my tonsils and adenoids removed cured my earaches.

The doctors took those out of me, back when I was five years old too.  That was in the forties.  I don't think they do that anymore for some reason.  I never had any ear prOBlems either.  Just about every youngster I know seems to have a lot of prOBlems today.  I believe it's cause the doctors don't the tonsils out the first time there is a prOBlem.  Of couse as usual, I ain't no doctor, so what do I know.  :coffee2:

The doctors took those out of me, back when I was five years old too.  That was in the forties.  I don't think they do that anymore for some reason.  I never had any ear prOBlems either.  Just about every youngster I know seems to have a lot of prOBlems today.  I believe it's cause the doctors don't the tonsils out the first time there is a prOBlem.  Of couse as usual, I ain't no doctor, so what do I know.  :coffee2:

Insurance companies decided taking them out was costing them too much money so they stopped covering such operations unless there was an extreme need. That's why so many children in the 80s ended up with tubes in their ears.

From what I've been told, the insurance companies ended up not covering many tube procedures so the doctors had to switch to something else.

It's a sad random fact that because of greed, insurance companies and the government control many doctors decisions more than does actual medical sense.

Archived