• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

random fact game

Ron

• Members

The doctors took those out of me, back when I was five years old too.  That was in the forties.  I don't think they do that anymore for some reason.  I never had any ear prOBlems either.  Just about every youngster I know seems to have a lot of prOBlems today.  I believe it's cause the doctors don't the tonsils out the first time there is a prOBlem.  Of couse as usual, I ain't no doctor, so what do I know.  :coffee2:

• Members

The doctors took those out of me, back when I was five years old too.  That was in the forties.  I don't think they do that anymore for some reason.  I never had any ear prOBlems either.  Just about every youngster I know seems to have a lot of prOBlems today.  I believe it's cause the doctors don't the tonsils out the first time there is a prOBlem.  Of couse as usual, I ain't no doctor, so what do I know.  :coffee2:

Insurance companies decided taking them out was costing them too much money so they stopped covering such operations unless there was an extreme need. That's why so many children in the 80s ended up with tubes in their ears.

From what I've been told, the insurance companies ended up not covering many tube procedures so the doctors had to switch to something else.

It's a sad random fact that because of greed, insurance companies and the government control many doctors decisions more than does actual medical sense.

• Members

My wife injured her knee at the bakery and the company doctor tried to tell her there was nothing wrong; told her to just put an ice pack on it. This is after they told her to wear a wrap around her knee for two weeks. Thankfully I was with my wife on that last appointment and I argue with the doctor and they finally decided they could do an MRI but kept insisting it would come back showing nothing wrong. I told the doctor to do the MRI. The results came back showing a tear.