• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

random fact game

Ron

• Members

It's no more America's responsibility to feed the children of the world than it is to arm it...Let's not turn this into an anti-America thread, guys.  Moving on....

I'm simply posting random facts that show up without regard for if they are about animals, humans, politics, Russia, Korea or whatever. My postings in this thread are random and for fun, no intent to turn the thread to anything otherwise or to post anything in particular.

The only thing I do when finding random facts to post here is to leave out those of a sexual nature. Sometimes there seem to be a lot of those out there.

As to your other point, I fully agree it's not America's responsibility to feed the children of the world. It's not America's responsibility to police or parent the world at all. Those are points for a serious thread, not a fun and games thread.

• Members

This from my studies in pharmaceutical healthcare for my Health Informatics major.

If you combine every prescription drug given for every kind of physical disease (cancer, heart disease, diabeties, etc), injury, or chronic physical condition.  They would equal only HALF of the number of prescriptions given in the U.S. to treat emotional issues, behavioral, stress, and depression.  A sad statement of the peace and joy of the modern world we live in.  

• Members

Geographically, Alaska has the distinction of being the most Eastern State in the U.S. and ironically is also the most Western state because the 180 Longitude which geographically divides East and West travels through parts of Alaska.  Alaska is also the most northern state, and in 1941 tried to purchase 100 square miles of Antarctica and grant it Alaskan statehood so they could also be the most southern.